Jeep Renegade Forum banner
341 - 345 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried towing with their Renegade? If so, how heavy of a trailer have you towed and what engine/transmission combo do you have? How does the Renegade perform while towing?
OK, what I know is you not only need the 2.4 but also 4x4. I towed a 6x12 U-Haul mostly full with no problems at all. I don't know what the load weight was though. I had a Draw Tite class 3 hitch installed with a 2" receiver

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, what I know is you not only need the 2.4 but also 4x4. I towed a 6x12 U-Haul mostly full with no problems at all. I don't know what the load weight was though. I had a Draw Tite class 3 hitch installed with a 2" receiver
I think what you said just gave me confidence to tow with my 2020 Renegade Latitude with the 2.4L. I will be installing a class III hitch under the bumper to tow a UTV on a 5.5ftx10ft trailer occasionally. The total weight is 2254 lbs. I googled your uhaul (if the enclosed trailer) to be 1,920 lbs. I only plan to tow my utv 1.5-2hrs each way once or twice a summer to offroading adventure parks. Any other use may just be the occasional plywood or drywall haul from Homeydepot. Now to decide on the Curt or Draw-tite Class III. Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
They have a slightly different system tuned for the street not off road. I think it operates very much like most automatic 4x4 sytems in cars operate.
Hmmm I think not. This Renegade has the same system and controls of the TrailHawk. It's only missing the rock crawl feature.

This Jeep takes soft sand and shingle in its stride whereas other "cars" have floundered on the beach whilst towing, launching and recovering my boat. It takes snow with ease when others were slipping and sliding in their so called 4x4 systems.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hmmm I think not. This Renegade has the same system and controls of the TrailHawk. It's only missing the rock crawl feature.

This Jeep takes soft sand and shingle in its stride whereas other "cars" have floundered on the beach whilst towing, launching and recovering my boat. It takes snow with ease when others were slipping and sliding in their so called 4x4 systems.
there are several differences besides the rock crawl setting like lower final drive ratio water fording capability and more. Oh yes, jeeps system is better than the wannnabe pack of vehicles. Hey, its Jeeps bread and butter<smile>

341 - 345 of 345 Posts