Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive taken off all the trim panels in the car for the speakers , gear shift and vents so i can get them sprayed the same colour as the car. i like the look of the ones ive seen in orange , mine are a dull boring silver , anyone else done this yet ? will post pictures when they come back later in the week .

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics when it's done. I wouldn't mind having yellow accents in mine, but as mine is on motability, I gotta be careful what I do.

·
Registered
236 Posts
so ive taken off all the trim panels in the car for the speakers , gear shift and vents so i can get them sprayed the same colour as the car. i like the look of the ones ive seen in orange , mine are a dull boring silver , anyone else done this yet ? will post pictures when they come back later in the week .
Defo seen someone on here with orange head unit surround he 'dipped'- the rest too I think.
Go find.....

Found

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think they would have an issue with it as the orange Renegade has the colour coded bits too ? i had FCA collect a car previous that had a few bits changed , they were more worried about the mileage and the condition , than anything else . if it looks factory i wouldn't think they are bothered . mines got a set of strips fitted by the showroom guys as it was in the showroom and they wanted it to look a little different from the rest . if they can do that and it not be an issues some little mods wont hurt .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice match with your solar Rene. Luckily I have a glacier color car so as the trim is grey, I don't need to do any work.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Orange TrailHawk

So I have an Orange TrailHawk. I was SO excited about the Sand/Orange leather interior. It looked amazing. I sat in a Rene that had it. When I told them I wanted the TrailHawk with the leather interior the guy laughed. "The TrailHawk package comes with a Black/Red, cloth interior."

I said, "What, was the designer from here in Colorado and high at the time?"

They looked at me waiting for me to explain myself.

"Red and Black does NOT go with Orange, why would they demand something that tasteless and stupid?"

"Because it's part of the TrailHawk package."

I asked, "Is it physically impossible to put a different color or fabric type in the vehicle? No. This is an arbitrary and idiotic design decision by someone that knows less about color matching than I do, and I'm an Information Security guy..."

"god help me I hope this ugliness grows on me..."

It hasn't. But oddly, I just don't notice it that much. I'd love to change out the Red TrailHawk and TRAIL RATED emblems with black ones. I'd love to have the tow hooks repainted Orange. I'd love to have all the Red replaced with Orange... Then it wouldn't be SO bad...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These were painted by a paint shop. The guys are local. All the panels remover really easy. Except the drink holder. That's a sod to remove. And yes I agree the colour options are very strange.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought the same thing! I ended up buying the orange latitude because I wanted the bark brown interior...couldn't deal with the black/red with orange. I thought the seat fabric was neat, but really... who decided that was the only interior...they could have done the sandstorm with the same inserts and it would have been awesome...

I sell insurance..so what do I know lol :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.