Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

I just got my adorable Jeep Renegade last week and am already in love. My 2002 Jeep Liberty was difficult to replace in my heart, but I think that this new car will be a fine substitute.

One question: I seem to have an issue with my trunk. I got the Limited version, but there isn't any netting or anything in the trunk. Whenever I open it, something falls out...often on my foot. If I put a tote bag in there, it invariable tips over and spills all over the ground.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Also, I'm a bit confused about the Roadside Assistance. Do we have it for a year? I'm afraid to cancel my other motor club, because I am a bit unclear (as was my dealer) about the Jeep plan.

Thanks,

I love my car!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry...I posted this in the wrong place.

I am a new Renegade driver in the Chicago suburbs. I haven't seen too many others on the road, but I am definitely getting a lot of "looks." Also, I posted a picture of my car on Instagram, and over 200 people (mostly men from Brazil) liked the photo. I guess it's more popular in other countries.

I loved my Liberty, but it eventually died in the driveway (which was very kind of it...much better than being far from home), so I had to get a replacement. So far I love my Renegade (with the trunk being my only irritation so far). I'm still getting used to the keyless entry...but it was great when I'd just had a manicure and didn't feel like hunting through my messy purse to find my keys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
From northern Chicago! Hey there are a ton of nets that work. I happen to still have the one from my Kia soul, and it fits great. Just used 2 small carabiner clips on the bottom. I figure almost all mini suv nets will work. So find a junk yard!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have taken the one from my Liberty. I won't even say how much I got in exchange, but, suffice it to say, I should have grabbed everything that I could from the interior.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Welcome Skatermol and congratulations on your new Renegade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone...

I just got my adorable Jeep Renegade last week and am already in love. My 2002 Jeep Liberty was difficult to replace in my heart, but I think that this new car will be a fine substitute.

One question: I seem to have an issue with my trunk. I got the Limited version, but there isn't any netting or anything in the trunk. Whenever I open it, something falls out...often on my foot. If I put a tote bag in there, it invariable tips over and spills all over the ground.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Also, I'm a bit confused about the Roadside Assistance. Do we have it for a year? I'm afraid to cancel my other motor club, because I am a bit unclear (as was my dealer) about the Jeep plan.

Thanks,

I love my car!!
Welcome!!

One thing that I just learned after a month of ownership is that (if you don't have a spare tire) you can move the load floor to a lower position. The floor will be about 4-5 inches lower than the sides and it keeps everything contained.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.