Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Jeep custom build website is so frustrating every time I try to build a latitude it won't let me have all the options I want I want the my sky manual panels and the popular entertainment group and the remote start and keyless entry and go why will it not allow this and will it change for the 2016s

·
Registered
157 Posts
I ran into a similar issue where the I couldn't build mine exactly how I wanted. In the end it wasn't a deal breaker but was a little frustrating. I doubt there will be any change for 2016 so you would have to go with the powered MySky.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Jeep custom build website is so frustrating every time I try to build a latitude it won't let me have all the options I want I want the my sky manual panels and the popular entertainment group and the remote start and keyless entry and go why will it not allow this and will it change for the 2016s
When we ordered ours the Latitude trim suddenly had a number of options no longer available on the 2016s, but they they were now standard on the 2016 Limited. We went that route and got the MySky too.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wasn't sold on the powered my sky either, but currently I have to get it with the tow package. Yes, I could probably order without the tow package and install it myself later, but for only $395 to order the tow package, it seems like a better deal than the $400+ it costs for the aftermarket (with wiring). I figure the powered will be nice as well so I could open it up while driving and not need to stop and remove the panels, so figured what's another $300 at this point for the powered?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I ran into a similar issue where the I couldn't build mine exactly how I wanted. In the end it wasn't a deal breaker but was a little frustrating. I doubt there will be any change for 2016 so you would have to go with the powered MySky.
So you would have to go with the powered my sky to solve the issue?
To clear this up, here's whats going on:

Manual Mysky panels can no longer be ordered. All 2016 models either have powered MySky or nothing, however The Jeep website still only allows you to configure a 2015 model.

Good News: The Powered version of mysky still allows you to manually remove BOTH panels. The only difference between manual mysky and powered mysky is the addition of the button on the interior that allows the driver to power-retract the front panel like a sunroof while driving on powered mysky models (and FYI the front panel must be fully closed before it can be manually removed).

·
Registered
607 Posts
You might want to double check your sources on this one.
I ordered one last week, the sales manager who is a friend of mine - said that for 2016 Renegades, Jeep is only giving him the option to order the MySky in the Power version only, and ever since 2015 orders were cutoff and 2016 orders started he said the manual only mysky roofs have dissapeared from the dealer Jeep order website.

Why would he lie?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so now I have a new question how are you ordering 2016 is it a dealer only thing bc the website only allows me to see 2015 also are you saying the manual and power my sky work in the same way and provide the same amount of open air space with the difference being the power ones can be retracted while the vehicle is in motion

Side note so glad I found this forum because yall are far more helpful then the website and dealerships bc no one seems to know anything so thank yall

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ok so now I have a new question how are you ordering 2016 is it a dealer only thing bc the website only allows me to see 2015 also are you saying the manual and power my sky work in the same way and provide the same amount of open air space with the difference being the power ones can be retracted while the vehicle is in motion

Side note so glad I found this forum because yall are far more helpful then the website and dealerships bc no one seems to know anything so thank yall
The Jeep website is slacking, and needs to be updated to allow you to build a 2016. Dealers cannot order you a 2015 anymore, and can only order you a 2016.

And you understood the MySky thing, they are the same with the only difference being that the power one allows you to retract the front panel while the vehicle is in motion, yes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
As stated previously, the Jeep website "custom builder" is out of date. They need to update it for the 2016 model since you can no longer order the 2015 model.

Also as previously stated, some options are standard now versus having to select them (like Satellite radio is standard on the 2016 Lat).

But to commiserate, it does suck that you are limited to options - especially depending on your engine/transmission. The 1.4L/Manual gets less options than the 2.4L/Auto. And it sucks you can't get the 2.4L with a Manual trans as well.

So for now, basically, just use the website to see the options available and get a feel for what you want/don't want. Try to figure out your "must-haves" and "would-like-to-have-but-not-necessary's." Then see your dealer to see what is possible and get the closest to what you want.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ordered one last week, the sales manager who is a friend of mine - said that for 2016 Renegades, Jeep is only giving him the option to order the MySky in the Power version only, and ever since 2015 orders were cutoff and 2016 orders started he said the manual only mysky roofs have dissapeared from the dealer Jeep order website.

Why would he lie?
I don't think it's a matter of lying. I think he made a mistake.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Intuition!
In that case, no he didnt make a mistake, he even told me that he's been having to explain this issue a few times before to his customers. Especially those people that build one online on the Jeep website that only allows you to build a 2015 and then they come to him to order one - since he can only order a 2016, he has to explain a few times that Jeep has discontinued the "manual only" MySky option for 2016. He told me it was strange that Jeep would do this, but when he goes to configure a Renegade for order for his dealership, the option to click manual MySky has been removed by Jeep. He said he spoke to his Jeep market area rep about it and she knows that Jeep has discontinued it but she could not give him an answer as to why.

Reactions: R3N3GAD3

·
Registered
246 Posts
In that case, no he didnt make a mistake, he even told me that he's been having to explain this issue a few times before to his customers. Especially those people that build one online on the Jeep website that only allows you to build a 2015 and then they come to him to order one - since he can only order a 2016, he has to explain a few times that Jeep has discontinued the "manual only" MySky option for 2016. He told me it was strange that Jeep would do this, but when he goes to configure a Renegade for order for his dealership, the option to click manual MySky has been removed by Jeep. He said he spoke to his Jeep market area rep about it and she knows that Jeep has discontinued it but she could not give him an answer as to why.
I wonder if it's sales... ...more people over 2015 wanted the powered versus the manual My Sky? Or they just know people are lazy.
:)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wonder if it's sales... ...more people over 2015 wanted the powered versus the manual My Sky? Or they just know people are lazy.
:)
Maybe, or there could have been something wrong with too many of the manual mysky's so they quietly discontinued it - or maybe some factory could have gone on strike that made a piece that goes in the manual mysky...or it could just be sales. Who knows? Only Jeep does, LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.