·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18-043-15 REV. A

SUBJECT:

Flash: 2.4L Powertrain Diagnostic And System Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves reprogramming the Engine Control Module (ECM) with the latest available software.

MODELS:

2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 30, 2015 (MDH 0630XX) equipped with a 2.4L engine (Sales Code ED6) and 948TE transmission (Sales Code DFH).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) stored in the ECM memory.

----------------------------------------------------

18-043-15

SUBJECT:

Flash: 2.4L Powertrain Diagnostic And System Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves reprogramming the Engine Control Module (ECM) with the latest available software.

MODELS:

2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before May 6, 2015 (MDH 0506XX) equipped with a 2.4L engine (Sales Code ED6) and 948TE transmission (Sales Code DFH).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P050D – Cold Start Rough Idle stored in the ECM memory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone had the rough idle issue (cold start) with a vehicle built on or after july 2015? I just got my Renegade a few days ago. On a cold start, the engine feels a little rough and bucks a bit when in park. As soon as I start driving it settles down. I though maybe it's the ignition coil in a cylinder. I'm bringing it in for something else in a week... I'll have them look at it then I suppose and report back.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, I have the leap/buck at cold start. I've had the SW updates as of Sept. and need to go in for more, I suppose. Dealership has a 1 week backlog with now. : (

·
Registered
13 Posts
Okay. Just got my Jeep back and they did a software update to the PCM (18-19-06-DN). From previous forums, this looks like a Powertrain Control update. Feels a little better. The idle was certainly smoother on the cold start. We'll see. I'll keep an eye on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.