·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
21-032-15 REV. A

SUBJECT:

Flash: Transmission Shift And Drivability Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves reprogramming the Transmission Control Module (TCM) with the latest available software.

MODELS:

2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, EMEA.

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or after May 12, 2015 (MDH 0512XX) and on or before July 8, 2015 (MDH 0708XX) equipped with a 1.4L

Engine (Sales Code EAM) and 9 Spd 948TE Automatic Transmission (Sales Code DFH).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination or describe harsh shifting. Upon further investigation the technician may find one or more of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) or symptoms.

Harsh 1-2 Upshift.
Harsh Garage Shifts (Park to Reverse or Drive).
P0711 – Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range-Performance.
P0887 – TCM Power Control Circuit High.
P1CC9 – Unable to Engage Gear.
P1D98 – Incorrect Gear Ratio Clutch B or D Defective.
U0401 – Implausible Data Received From ECM-PCM.

------------------------------------------------------------------

21-030-15

SUBJECT:

Flash: Transmission Shift And Drivability Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves reprogramming the Transmission Control Module (TCM) with the latest available software.

MODELS:

2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before May 6, 2015 (MDH 0506XX) equipped with a 2.4L engine (Sales Code ED6) and 948TE transmission (Sales Code DFH).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

A small number of customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the technician may find one or both of the following Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs).

P0711 – Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor A Circuit Range-Performance
P1DAD – Input Shaft-Output Shaft Direction Correlation
P1CC9 – Unable to Engage Gear
P1D98 – Incorrect Gear Ratio Clutch B or D Defective
U1424 – Implausible Engine Torque Signal Received

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know what TSB 21-054-15 is? The dealer performed 6 total software updates including 21-030-15 and 21-054-15, now I'm having issues with shifting. I can't find any info on that one!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does anyone know what TSB 21-054-15 is? The dealer performed 6 total software updates including 21-030-15 and 21-054-15, now I'm having issues with shifting. I can't find any info on that one!
Are you sure about the number? In the SEARCH function at the upper right hand side, if you punch in a TSB number that's been covered on the forum, it will show up.

Here's a post that helps decipher the numbering system:

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/305537-post1.html

Your number doesn't show. I'm not saying it's wrong; but, you may want to double check. I went thru that thread of the above posted link, and didn't find any -054-.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure about the number? In the SEARCH function at the upper right hand side, if you punch in a TSB number that's been covered on the forum, it will show up.

Here's a post that helps decipher the numbering system:

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/forum/305537-post1.html

Your number doesn't show. I'm not saying it's wrong; but, you may want to double check. I went thru that thread of the above posted link, and didn't find any -054-.
Good tips but my TSB list definitely isn't complete! I haven't been able to find the real recent ones.
@JeepCares might be able to tell us exactly what this one did to/for the TCM then I can add it to the list.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks! I checked that out too... I cannot find that number anywhere. I'm taking it back to the dealer again next week, I'll point it out and see what they say. Did they mistype it or did they load bad software? Can that even happen?!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Good tips but my TSB list definitely isn't complete! I haven't been able to find the real recent ones.

@JeepCares might be able to tell us exactly what this one did to/for the TCM then I can add it to the list.
TSB 21-054-15

SUBJECT:
Flash: Vehicle Will Not Shift Out Of Park

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves reprogramming the Electronic Shift Module (ESM) with the latest available software.

MODELS:
2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before September 30, 2015 (MDH 0930XX) equipped with 9-SPD 948TE (Sale Codes DFH) or 6-SPD C633 (Sales Code DA1).

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA and EMEA

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some Customers may experience a condition where the vehicle will not shift out of park while the engine running at idle and brake pedal applied. Cycling the ignition key off and restarting the engine will allow shift. Technicians may find DTC P0606-00 Control Module Processor. Flashing the ESM with the latest software will correct this concern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.