Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my Latitude in for its first oil change today at the dealer. The techs noticed oil on the bottom of the pan, and traced the leak to the feed line for the turbo.

I was in the waiting area getting some work done and they got me and had me come out to show it to me. They explained that they were going to replace the the seal on that feed line junction, it would take a few days to get the part, and put me in a loaner Chrysler 200S.

There haven't been any oil spots in my driveway, and the oil level was only slightly low, so it must be a small leak that only seeps under pressure.

The service techs at my dealer (Sport Durst CDJ in Durham, NC) seemed perfectly competent, fully explained the problem and what they were going to do to fix it (including inviting me under the lifted car to inspect it myself) and had me on my way as quickly as I could possibly expect, so no black marks there.

Hopefully it won't take too long for the part to arrive, they seemed to think it would only be a few days. In the meantime, I get to experience a Pentastar V6.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad they took care of you.

You should try the Hemi 392 (6.4L). ;)
Technically it's not my first time driving a Pentastar, but the other time was my in-laws' Grand Caravan, so it's not really the same thing.

The 200 is plenty quick, that's for sure. Based on what I've read on this forum, I wasn't sure what to expect from the 9-speed, especially considering the car has less than 100 miles on it. But no complaints, it's fine. I'm not exactly a connoisseur of automatic transmissions, but, you know, it's there. It shifts up and down about when I'd expect it to.

One thing it's shown me is how quickly I've gotten accustomed to the Renegade. The 200 feels so long and low, I can't see tell where the ends are, and the steering and handling are so..sedan. And I really miss my backup camera that I've only had a month! :laugh:

All in all I miss my Jeep..I'll be calling the dealership for an update today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem for my 2017 Latitude. I have 51k miles so I missed the initial warranty and the dealership is telling me its not covered under the 60k mile drivetrain warranty. Did you have to pay out of pocket for your fix? They are trying to charge me $575. I'm considering fixing the seal myself but I am having difficulty finding instructions/pics/videos on how to do so.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same problem for my 2017 Latitude. I have 51k miles so I missed the initial warranty and the dealership is telling me its not covered under the 60k mile drivetrain warranty. Did you have to pay out of pocket for your fix? They are trying to charge me $575. I'm considering fixing the seal myself but I am having difficulty finding instructions/pics/videos on how to do so.
Mine was a factory defect and was fixed at around 5000 miles. I paid nothing. They actually replaced the entire turbo oil feed pipe, I believe the seals are integrated into it. I'm pretty sure it's just a metal pipe with fittings on each end, so replacing it shouldn't be difficult. Have you looked on the Fiat Abarth and Dodge Dart forums? Lost of those running around with this engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.