Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I signal for a soft turn (one that requires you to fully activate the signal) but the turn is diagonal, I cannot get the turn signal to disengage. The only way to get it to disengage is to do a "hard turn" while driving. What is the problem--my dealership just looks at me as if I was a Martian. I refuse to be one of those going down the road with the blinker on!!! Lol!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think I had the same issue a few times. I'm waiting for it to happen again so I can investigate it further. In the situation, I felt like I couldn't turn the signal off even by trying to. I think what I had to do is the flip the lever to the opposite side as if I wanted to now make a right turn after just using it for left turn. It happened so fast I thought maybe it was my imagination, and so I've been waiting for it to happen again a few more times. I think I might have confused a driver or two behind me.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Could it be related to the feature where you can lightly press the turn signal lever to activate a 5-second flash sequence. This is for a lane change on a four (or more)-lane highway.
It sometimes happens that when I manually try to turn off the flasher (back to "neutral") I go a little too far and activate the opposite flasher... for 5 more seconds of flashing.
Just thought I'd throw that in...

·
Registered
263 Posts
You folks are aware our trucks have a soft touch signal feature. If you lightly press your turn signal your signal will blink five times. It is used for doing quick lane changes. This may be what is messing with you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly! However when I flip it the opposite direction it does not disengage either. I try mulitiple ties to get it to quit. I have to angle my wheels severely in whichever way the blinker is going to finally get it to stop. Arrgghh!

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
949 Posts
That does not sound right. I recall another thread with that same problem of being unable to turn off a directional - even with the stalk.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think I had the same issue a few times. I'm waiting for it to happen again so I can investigate it further. In the situation, I felt like I couldn't turn the signal off even by trying to. I think what I had to do is the flip the lever to the opposite side as if I wanted to now make a right turn after just using it for left turn. It happened so fast I thought maybe it was my imagination, and so I've been waiting for it to happen again a few more times. I think I might have confused a driver or two behind me.
This happens to me too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.