Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My 3.5" dash speakers came in today. They fit perfectly, cost only $49 shipped, and included wiring harnesses. Tough to beat that.

Took about 45 minutes to do both of them.

Pop off cover with your PLASTIC pry tool.

She's an ugly sucker...

Wiring harness installed....

Perfect fit!

...And the grill cover fits perfectly too!

I now have much better, crisper highs. It sounds great and all off of the factory head unit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi!

Amazing post!

I have a question: There is any improvement in low frequency -bass- from factory 6x9 to the Kicker three way you installed? or with this size it's impossible to obtain a better bass response?

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hi!

Amazing post!

I have a question: There is any improvement in low frequency -bass- from factory 6x9 to the Kicker three way you installed? or with this size it's impossible to obtain a better bass response?
It's better for sure. I think that it will be huge when I'm finally able to amplify them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the 9 Speaker set up, and I knew that they didn't really have the clarity I wanted. But, with the 506 watt amplifier I was stoked I didn't have to run new wires and amp aftermarket.

Last night I pulled the dash speakers and they were rated at 4ohm, but when I pulled the door 6x9 it was rated at 2ohm... A little frustrating as the JL dash speakers I purchased were rated 4 ohm and will drop in, but the door speakers I bought are not rated at 4 ohm. When I plugged in the new 6x9 the clarity was much better (mainly because it is a more efficient 93 db rating) but I could tell the volume was lower.

After a lot of forum reading, some are saying its okay, some are saying to replace with 2 ohm with 2 ohm for the volume....I'm not looking for crazy loud...I just want a good sound.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Back Door Panels?

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Back door panel removal and speaker install. I have all the tools and speakers on standby. Thanks again!
Has anyone done the back door panels yet? Are there any gotchas or things to be aware of?

I have the nine speaker system, so the back doors have the component speakers. I'm planning on only swapping out the 6x9s.

Thanks so much! You guys are awesome! Great pics and information.

Quark

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am going to order some 2 ohm and play with them a bit. The 4ohm cuts the power in half for a 2ohm designed speaker. The problem is that there are so few options for 2 ohm speakers.... :|

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone done the back door panels yet? Are there any gotchas or things to be aware of?

I have the nine speaker system, so the back doors have the component speakers. I'm planning on only swapping out the 6x9s.

Thanks so much! You guys are awesome! Great pics and information.

Quark
The rear door panels come off much like the front. There are no covered screws on the back edge like the front does, but there is one screw on the bottom rearward corner.

Found it easier to remove the vertical trim on the back edge of the window first before pulling door panel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am going to order some 2 ohm and play with them a bit. The 4ohm cuts the power in half for a 2ohm designed speaker. The problem is that there are so few options for 2 ohm speakers.... :|
I have my dash speakers on the way. I am going to start there for now. How was the sound difference in the dash speakers after the switch? I went with Polk speakers, this is brand I have been going with when swapping out oem speakers.

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
I didn't change the dash one's because I didn't have the right harness...I went to my local Best Buy and didn't have the right one either so when I get that I will post.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In my stock system there seems to be little change when using the equalizer do the new speakers help with that?
Even with the treble all the way down it sounds tinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I didn't change the dash one's because I didn't have the right harness...I went to my local Best Buy and didn't have the right one either so when I get that I will post.
I didn't have any luck at Best Buy either, had to get mine from Crutchfield, # 71-039C for the dash harness. I will post my results after I get mine installed.

21 - 40 of 284 Posts