Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm Rae and I am the proud mother of dragons...

Wait, wrong forum. I'm the new owner to a 2015 Jeep Renegade Lat in Omaha Orange. It matches my hair, her name is Ginger, and we're best friends. What we share is special. Checking in from Cameron, NC which is a about 10 minutes north of Ft. Bragg.

Meet Ginger.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
lol on the wrong forum comment.

Welcome.

TS

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome fellow North Carolinian! I also own an orange latitude, and I'm in Durham NC. I need to find a good name for mine, LOL. Did you get the 2.4L or 1.4L engine?

Reactions: Raepunzel

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have the 2.4, which admittedly, is causing me some concern with the rough idling and general noise.
Mine has the 1.4 which makes a constant ticking noise but that is normal. Mine does not idle rough though. Also, the 1.4L is only available with a manual transmission, so if you want/need an automatic then you are forced to go with the 2.4L engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine has the 1.4 which makes a constant ticking noise but that is normal. Mine does not idle rough though. Also, the 1.4L is only available with a manual transmission, so if you want/need an automatic then you are forced to go with the 2.4L engine.
Right, there were plenty 1.4s but ultimately, we wanted automatic. My stick skills suck.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Since the ticking on idle is mostly valve noise, and both the 1.4 and 2.4 have MultiAir valvetrains, I would expect them both to sound similarly diesel-ish. It's a very efficient and advanced valvetrain, but it is not a quiet one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.