Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a whim I purchased a salvage Uconnect 4 radio with 7 inch screen along with the appropriate bezel. It powers on in my 2017 and alfaobd recognizes it and was able to proxy it. Of note is that you won't have a power button or volume knob... All would be controlled by steering wheel buttons. I am unable to write the vin to the radio using alfaobd due to an error message on alfaobd after starting write. The anti-theft code however comes up as incorrect and I'm wondering if maybe I need to give the dealer my vin and not the donor vehicle vin? Unfortunately, as the '17 and older use a different hvac I'm unable to perform a hard reset using the ac buttons and menu... Dealership claims unable to assist and hoping to not have to enter 1300+ potential combinations so if anyone has any ideas I'm open to trying them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to the dealer and gave them my vin instead which still gave same code. Appointment set for Tuesday to attempt hard reset which should pair it with the Renegade

·
Registered
121 Posts
On a whim I purchased a salvage Uconnect 4 radio with 7 inch screen along with the appropriate bezel. It powers on in my 2017 and alfaobd recognizes it and was able to proxy it. Of note is that you won't have a power button or volume knob... All would be controlled by steering wheel buttons. I am unable to write the vin to the radio using alfaobd due to an error message on alfaobd after starting write. The anti-theft code however Tcomes up as incorrect and I'm wondering if maybe I need to give the dealer my vin and not the donor vehicle vin? Unfortunately, as the '17 and older use a different hvac I'm unable to perform a hard reset using the ac buttons and menu... Dealership claims unable to assist and hoping to not have to enter 1300+ potential combinations so if anyone has any ideas I'm open to trying them.
There is a website where you pay $10.00 for the code. You give them the donor vin. Worked for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It works perfectly, however, you will lose the knob for volume control so steering wheel controls are a must. You will also need alfaobd and the obdlink mx.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
It works perfectly, however, you will lose the knob for volume control so steering wheel controls are a must. You will also need alfaobd and the obdlink mx.
Good job! Exactly what I did after purchasing the software and my. Also changed the HVAC controls at the same time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice job. My only concern for others is if they have heated seats. Do the old buttons go away as the radio now controls this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice job. My only concern for others is if they have heated seats. Do the old buttons go away as the radio now controls this?
This I'm unsure of as mine doesn't have them. It's also worth noting that the ac on screen controls are there but don't seem to function - I've simply changed the dock bar icons to remove it and the only trace of it now is a LO in the upper left corner. I will be working on that today.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts