Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Mine was Alexander from Jeep Customer Care ([email protected].
Well, now I'm really confused as to who-does-what-to-whom. It seems to me that Uconnect Customer Care are the folks closest to whoever would be correcting this issue. Hopefully Jeep Customer Care will forward your issue to Uconnect... What did they write?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, now I'm really confused as to who-does-what-to-whom. It seems to me that Uconnect Customer Care are the folks closest to whoever would be correcting this issue. Hopefully Jeep Customer Care will forward your issue to Uconnect... What did they write?
Hello Sheryl,

Allow me to first congratulate you on the new 2021 Jeep Renegade.

Thank you for reaching out to Jeep customer care;

I am very sorry to hear of any frustration or disappointment involving your system navigation. I want you to know, we appreciate your contact. It is always a good idea to reach out to us. We are here to help.

In situations such as yours we rely on our trained dealers to assess and fix technical and mechanical issues. They possess the resources and expertise necessary to address any vehicle concern.

With this in mind, we encourage you to contact your local Jeep dealer, let them know the concern we are working on, they will set an appointment with you, based on your schedule.

It appears the dealer you prefer is:

Phone
973-884-2100

NIELSEN DODGE CHRYSLER JEEP RAM

Address
175 ROUTE 10
EAST HANOVER, NJ 0793

Let's get this concern resolved!

Should you have any further questions, comments or concerns, we would be happy to assist.

Our goal is to ensure your experience is of the highest quality. Your feedback and opinion are both very important to us.

You may reach us via chat, email through www.mopar.com or contact by phone at 800-992-1997.

With Sincerity,

Alexander

Customer Service Representative
Stellantis Care Team at 800-992-1997

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Fredy from Uconnect just emailed me, asking for the Software Application Version on my radio. It's different from the Map Database or Navigation System Version that I'd sent them before.

This is under Dealer Mode, one of the "secret menus" -- accessible by:
Starting the vehicle;
Simultaneously pressing the Front Defrost, Temp Up, and Temp Down, until the "Dealer Mode" menu comes up;
System Info;
Radio Part information;
Application Version.

Mine is USA-ASO-8.4-QR-39.2.0-20201003-Q0G3.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Might be interesting to compare Application Versions; it seems that the Uconnect folks are suspecting that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I just got another update from Fredy at Uconnect Customer Care, after I sent him my Software Application Version. He wrote that he's sent information on "both the vehicles [he has] with this issue" to his Corporate Contact (however that works).

So that sounds like he's still only aware of my issue and Sodner's. If Uconnect Customer Care is the technical node for this, then evidently they haven't been forwarded starr's complaint yet... Maybe starr needs to contact Uconnect too ([email protected]), to make sure all the information is consolidated...?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fredy from Uconnect just emailed me, asking for the Software Application Version on my radio. It's different from the Map Database or Navigation System Version that I'd sent them before.

This is under Dealer Mode, one of the "secret menus" -- accessible by:
Starting the vehicle;
Simultaneously pressing the Front Defrost, Temp Up, and Temp Down, until the "Dealer Mode" menu comes up;
System Info;
Radio Part information;
Application Version.

Mine is USA-ASO-8.4-QR-39.2.0-20201003-Q0G3.
I have tried but have not been able to get the secret menu to appear.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I have tried but have not been able to get the secret menu to appear.
How far did you get?

In my case, I used the driver's-side Temp-up and Temp-down buttons. Not sure if the passenger-side buttons work for this.

And are you pressing all three buttons simultaneously? I had to hold them all for about 5-10 seconds before the secret Dealer-Mode menu came up...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My husband and I both have 2021 Jeep Renegades 80th Anniversary Edition. I have had mine for 1 week and he has had his for 2 days. Each of our Jeeps have the same problem. Turn by turn on instrument cluster gets stuck telling us to turn in 50ft. Sometimes it just comes on for no reason and you have to select up or down on steering wheel controls to get rid of it. I took mine to the dealer Friday and they messed with it for a while. They said it was fixed but as soon as I left the lot it started doing the same thing only this time it wanted me to turn around. I am supposed to take my husband’s to the dealer Monday but it’s clear that it can’t be fixed. He did tell me that Chrysler is aware of the problem and it has nothing to do with the Navigation. It’s the instrument cluster that’s the problem but it’s only affecting the navigation portion that displays your upcoming turn. Tonight my husband came home and told me his temperature controls do not work at all. Everything was off or not working. He could not turn on his air conditioner. So now he has this problem. Oh and the speed on his instrument cluster is flashing. This is not promising for the future of our vehicles.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
My husband and I both have 2021 Jeep Renegades 80th Anniversary Edition ... Each of our Jeeps have the same problem.
Well, not quite the same problem; but certainly related. With me -- and I think the rest of us -- the only problem is, half the time, the turn-by-turn doesn't cancel after making the turn.

OK, so that makes... um... five of us so far; all with 2021 Renegades with Uconnect 4C.

I'd give you guys the same advice I gave the other folks...

1) Make sure you're registered for the Jeep Wave program -- all 2021 Renegade owners are eligible.

2) Sign in on the Jeep Wave web site (Jeep® Wave Owner Benefits).

3) E-mail them, giving your information (as two separate cases). You should hopefully be contacted telephonically within a couple days by a Uconnect customer service rep. They seem to be tracking and following-up on this.

4) Meantime, access your radio's Software Application Version, as I wrote in Post #45 above. They seem to be interested in that.

On the other hand, when I talked with my dealer's service department (see Post #20), they mentioned they thought it might have to do with the communication between the radio and the instrument cluster. That sounds a lot like what your dealer told you...

5) Finally, please keep us in the loop regarding what you hear back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, not quite the same problem; but certainly related. With me -- and I think the rest of us -- the only problem is, half the time, the turn-by-turn doesn't cancel after making the turn.

OK, so that makes... um... five of us so far; all with 2021 Renegades with Uconnect 4C.

I'd give you guys the same advice I gave the other folks...

1) Make sure you're registered for the Jeep Wave program -- all 2021 Renegade owners are eligible.

2) Sign in on the Jeep Wave web site (Jeep® Wave Owner Benefits).

3) E-mail them, giving your information (as two separate cases). You should hopefully be contacted telephonically within a couple days by a Uconnect customer service rep. They seem to be tracking and following-up on this.

4) Meantime, access your radio's Software Application Version, as I wrote in Post #45 above. They seem to be interested in that.

On the other hand, when I talked with my dealer's service department (see Post #20), they mentioned they thought it might have to do with the communication between the radio and the instrument cluster. That sounds a lot like what your dealer told you...

5) Finally, please keep us in the loop regarding what you hear back.
I took a photo of the instrument cluster. This always shows up after I make my turn. Doesn’t go away unless I press up or down button on steering wheel.
03DFD0DC-BA3C-42C6-AA37-266F1373A490.jpeg

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yes, that's the turn-by-turn display we're talking about. It's supposed to show up about a quarter-mile before your turn, as an advanced warning; then go out. Then show up again several hundred feet before the turn, and count down the distance in coordination with the voice guidance.

Then it's supposed to cancel automatically after the turn. Which it doesn't do half the time on my Renegade and the others. When that happens, it can be cancelled by pressing the Up or Down button on the left side of the steering wheel, or the center OK button. Not a big deal for me, but annoying.

Did you report your issues to Jeep Waves? And were you able to access your radio's Software Application Version?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My husband and I both have 2021 Jeep Renegades 80th Anniversary Edition. I have had mine for 1 week and he has had his for 2 days. Each of our Jeeps have the same problem. Turn by turn on instrument cluster gets stuck telling us to turn in 50ft. Sometimes it just comes on for no reason and you have to select up or down on steering wheel controls to get rid of it. I took mine to the dealer Friday and they messed with it for a while. They said it was fixed but as soon as I left the lot it started doing the same thing only this time it wanted me to turn around. I am supposed to take my husband’s to the dealer Monday but it’s clear that it can’t be fixed. He did tell me that Chrysler is aware of the problem and it has nothing to do with the Navigation. It’s the instrument cluster that’s the problem but it’s only affecting the navigation portion that displays your upcoming turn. Tonight my husband came home and told me his temperature controls do not work at all. Everything was off or not working. He could not turn on his air conditioner. So now he has this problem. Oh and the speed on his instrument cluster is flashing. This is not promising for the future of our vehicles.
I also have a 2021 Anniversary Edition. My car is going in for service this Thursday. My issue is just like yours where sometimes I get turns at intersections for 0 ft and there is no turn there at all and the display gets stuck. Now that I hear about what happened to you, I am afraid the dealer may make it worse. I have other things they need to look at too.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
My issue is just like yours where sometimes I get turns at intersections for 0 ft and there is no turn there at all and the display gets stuck.
For what it's worth, I think the turn-by-turn display being stuck showing 0 ft, like this...

...doesn't happen before that respective intersection -- it's what stays on the display after you make that turn, when the display doesn't cancel (which happens about half the time with me)...

At least that's how it shows up with me. I took that photo about a mile past where I'd made that right-hand turn.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For what it's worth, I think the turn-by-turn display being stuck showing 0 ft, like this...

View attachment 2396351190

...doesn't happen before that respective intersection -- it's what stays on the display after you make that turn, when the display doesn't cancel (which happens about half the time with me)...

At least that's how it shows up with me. I took that photo about a mile past where I'd made that right-hand turn.
Yes but sometimes I don't even have a turn like that and the same display pops up. Crazy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Yes but sometimes I don't even have a turn like that and the same display pops up. Crazy.
I've never noticed it popping up except after the respective turn.

But you know, now that you mention it, each time I remember, it's been that same 90-degree right-hand turn image. I don't remember it not canceling after any other kind of turn... and I'll have to pay attention as to whether it ever pops up by itself...

:unsure:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t think they can make it any worse. They just couldn’t fix it. I took my husband’s in today and they couldn’t fix his either. At least they were able to fix the climate control problem and the flashing mileage in the display. The technician did show me how to turn off the turn by turn on the instrument cluster. So now when we use our navigation it won’t show turn by turn on the cluster display. The dealer has open cases with Chrysler. He said he also had someone come in on Saturday with a Renegade having the same problem. So it’s clearly a wide spread problem and will probably become a recall. I don’t care that I don’t have the turn by turn, not a big deal but when you purchase a brand new vehicle you should expect it to work as it should!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don’t think they can make it any worse. They just couldn’t fix it. I took my husband’s in today and they couldn’t fix his either. At least they were able to fix the climate control problem and the flashing mileage in the display. The technician did show me how to turn off the turn by turn on the instrument cluster. So now when we use our navigation it won’t show turn by turn on the cluster display. The dealer has open cases with Chrysler. He said he also had someone come in on Saturday with a Renegade having the same problem. So it’s clearly a wide spread problem and will probably become a recall. I don’t care that I don’t have the turn by turn, not a big deal but when you purchase a brand new vehicle you should expect it to work as it should!
I agree! I am leaving mine on for now and just cancelling it when it gets stuck.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts