Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, long time lurker first time poster. I got my White Renegade Latitude about a month ago and I'm loving it so far. However, there is one thing that's really bugging me about the uconnect. I have my iphone 6 paired via bluetooth and whenever I use Waze for navigation the uconnect switches to the phone mode when there is a voice direction. It comes in like there is a call to my phone and I constantly have to switch back to radio (the radio audio keeps playing but I like to see what station I'm on and the artist/song)

Additionally if I have my phone plugged in via USB the audio cues won't come through at all and it will randomly start playing from my Apple Music library (alphabetically) - needless to say its a bit annoying. The audio from Google Maps didn't either when plugged in.

Is anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? I know there is a uconnect update that I need to do but I'm doubtful that will make a difference

·
Registered
6 Posts
Personally I hate the "voice" part of navigation software that interrupts my non stop Howard Stern listening so I just turn off the voice - but yesterday I updated my uConnect software and noticed that bluetooth connection was much better. I use Waze every day for traffic updates on my way to work so I will test with the updated uConnect for you and report back tonight (9:30pm EST).

I don't think that it will 'dim' the radio but I will test and let you know.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Hmm I have mine set to prefer bluetooth, and if I'm bluetooth to phone and ipod for media, while playing media, it simply does the lower music volume and talk over it thing. If I switch to satellite or radio, yes, it kicks into phone mode for instructions.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
First, I would definitely try downloading the Uconnect update to see if that takes care of it (https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/).

If that doesn't do the trick, I would reach out to Uconnect system support to try to troubleshoot with them: 1-877-855-8400.

If you are still experiencing it after this, I would recommend a trip to the dealership. I can help you schedule an appointment if you reach out to me on here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmm I have mine set to prefer bluetooth, and if I'm bluetooth to phone and ipod for media, while playing media, it simply does the lower music volume and talk over it thing. If I switch to satellite or radio, yes, it kicks into phone mode for instructions.
This. I did a test tonight driving to work. Set up my Waze Sound Preferences to 'prefer bluetooth' and while listening to the radio, my 'phone' kicked in and gave me voice directions - and immediately returned to my radio (but the uConnect screen stayed on the phone). When I listened to my bluetooth music, the music dimmed and the voice directions took over.

I don't like that when listening to the radio, that the bluetooth connects to the phone and the phone screen stays on, but its a very minor point.

Bottom line is, the voice directions work ONLY if you have 'prefer bluetooth' option turned on in the Waze Sound settings.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
604 Posts
I also use Waze on a daily basis, but I have mine set to play all voice prompts through the phone speaker, so the radio is unaffected. The only downside to this is that if I happen to be on the phone when a voice prompt plays, it can be distracting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.