Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if anybody has been able to hack the background image for the Uconnect 5.0 yet. Should just be an image file in the software somewhere. Before I spend time on this just curious if somebody has done it. Other Jeeps have a menu selection to pick the background.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually did a little looking into this and what I found wasn't promising.
People attempted this in some other Cherokee and jeep forums and looks like the biggest issue is that in the newer uconnect systems, the ISO is locked with a token file that checks the file hash and gives authentication issues if anything is changed. If you can find the key to sign it, it shouldn't be a problem. But until then I don't know if any modification to the uconnect system is possible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I really want something else beside dried mud as a background.
I hope Jeep just updates this down the road to have some choices.
Some mountain or water(river or beach) images would be nice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that possible? Or is only the cracked desert look available as the background?
It is possible to change the background but it is not easy. I think there will be a Uconnect update to enable this function like in other vehicles. Ask your dealer when this will be available. If enough people ask FCA will be more likely to bring this forward faster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.