Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Does anybody know how to get any secret menus on the Uconnect 5.0 ? Also how do you find out what version of software it is running ?
I'm not aware (yet) of any secret codes, but you can see what version you have by going to Settings>System Information. See the attached pic of my screen. This is for the Uconnect 6.5 but I suspect the 5.0 is similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I know there is a combination of keys for the 8.4 system I have in the Challenger.

This is what I know about the 8.4 system. I don't know if any of this will work for the 5.0 (or the 6.4).

- Press and hold both the temperature-up (red arrow) and temperature-down (blue arrow) buttons at the same time, for 5 or so seconds, you are presented with the "Engineering Menu."

- Hold the up, down, and front defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds and then you are presented with the "Dealer Mode" menu.

- Hold down the up, down, and Browse/Enter buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That puts you into touchscreen calibration mode.

- Hold down the up, down, and rear defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That will write a screenshot (1.2MB .bmp file) to the flash drive in the console USB slot.

Reactions: twospirits

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know there is a combination of keys for the 8.4 system I have in the Challenger.

This is what I know about the 8.4 system. I don't know if any of this will work for the 5.0 (or the 6.4).

- Press and hold both the temperature-up (red arrow) and temperature-down (blue arrow) buttons at the same time, for 5 or so seconds, you are presented with the "Engineering Menu."

- Hold the up, down, and front defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds and then you are presented with the "Dealer Mode" menu.

- Hold down the up, down, and Browse/Enter buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That puts you into touchscreen calibration mode.

- Hold down the up, down, and rear defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That will write a screenshot (1.2MB .bmp file) to the flash drive in the console USB slot.
To get into the Engineering mode for the 6.5 radio Press and hold
RADIO + MORE + BROWSER KNOB simultaneously for about 5-15 second.

I do not know if it is the same for the 5.0 try that & see if it works on the 5.0

BE CAREFUL !!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
ENGINEERING MODE - UConnect 5.0/RA2 - Worked on my 2015 Jeep Renegade:
Ignition ON, Engine Off, Hold Down: Radio + Media + Browse Butttons for 5-8 seconds.

I haven't tested anything - but the first thing was "Base Line" 09.00.49.01 - I think this is my software version.

I poked around and found lots of settings for the radio, bluetooth, etc - nothing too interesting, but I will have to map out the menu and see what's what.

Be careful with this!
Pat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dtc list in engineering mode

Hello
I was messing around with my uconnect 5.0 when i entered something called engineer mode. There i found a menu called DTC list, I entered the menu out of curiosity and found that it displayed one code twice.
The code looked like
a10a16: 0
a10a16: 0

I have tried searching google but i found nothing relevant.

Do anyone know something about this? Are it supposed to show these codes or are something faulty in my car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.