Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer listening to my music collection on USB stick. Previously the UConnect would default to previous mode on startup. But for the last several days it reverts to a random AM station on startup. Not a huge issue but it is frustrating.

Anyone else with a similar problem?

Thanks,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi kaba,
Is your vehicle's software completely up to date? You can check on the uconnect website to see if there are any available updates for your Renegade. https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/
Thanks for the response. Yes, I did an update the first week of December. And the site you listed just list that same update as available. It performed well at first but is now having the described problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
May not be good enough. (the update.) See your dealer. I just got updates that were NOT on the website for issues I've noticed. Posted elsewhere on this thread. There's probably more available than posted for the consumer. Was eye opening for me. They updated radio, function-issues I was having and other things. All warranty, of course.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My Renegade has an option to revert to Radio upon start-up. On your stereo go to More+ and it's one of the many options you can change.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
May not be good enough. (the update.) See your dealer. I just got updates that were NOT on the website for issues I've noticed. Posted elsewhere on this thread. There's probably more available than posted for the consumer. Was eye opening for me. They updated radio, function-issues I was having and other things. All warranty, of course.
Have the updates solved your problems?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't had time to get it to the dealer yet. The update that I downloaded and installed certainly didn't resolve it.

It appears to be intermittent now. At times it brings up the songs on my playlist. Other times it reverts to AM radio. I think it may be possessed.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have had the problem twice that I can remember. Each time it went to SiriusXM, not an AM station. It never reverted when I was using the iPod, but since switching to the USB stick in the past month it has happened just those 2 times. It has not happened in the past 2 weeks or so - I guess it has a mind of it's own.

I have decided that I am going to remove the USB stick from now on when I shut down as 1 of my sticks lights during activity and the light remains active even though the Jeep may be turned off. Not sure what that is all about. :confused: I am going to show that to the dealer next time it is in for service.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm at T-plus 4 days of stability so far. The MAIN point to all people here is, the one update indicated on the web at the mopar site did NOT include the ones my dealer did for me on the radio, the dash, the electrical system, and others. I WISH that the mopar site would put up notice like, "There are additional DEALER installable updates available, please make your appointment!" If this was done, I would not have waited so long. Uconnect didn't tell me this when we spoke to them, (even about the two for the radio)....Mopar site didn't, and the login on the web indicated ONLY the one that we'd already done.

Fingers are crossed for continued stability.

Only issue now is finding out who we can help REwrite the AM software to widen out the God AWFUL sound on AM stations in the uconnect. It needs to be corrected. It makes broadcasters sound awful.

Otherwise, so far, so good!

·
Registered
210 Posts
My Jeep has to go back to the dealer (again) for lost settings and data gathering.
Per other posts, the (6) updates we had done for the dashboard, radio, brake, electrical system did not "all" hold.

With the automatic parking brake setting back on "automatic" (not my choice or intervention)
With the headlights not staying on at shutdown (not my choice)
With the tires reading in "bars" not PSI (not my choice)..

This will be the second visit for this issue coming up Monday.
I was told today via e-mail from the dealership:

"Can we pick it up Monday morning? Star would like us to plug into it and take some readings to send to them"

I had been told in a previous e-mail: "My technician Scott D. has sent your concerns to what we call "star". They are our assistance center when we have questions regarding fixes and repairs on the u connect and newer vehicles. We should hear back from them later today and then i will be happy to get you scheduled in."

I don't know who "STAR" really is, but this will be the second 'check' of the issue, and first time I know-of with STAR involved.

Lets see, now we have, Uconnect, Chrysler Care, and STAR all looking at this. Not sure whom is whom anymore, but "something" should happen, one would think.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that, I fully understand how frustrating this must be for you.

As your dealership alluded to, STAR is a technical assistance team available to all dealerships for diagnostic or repair questions.

If anything should happen with your current Chrysler Care case, and you would like me to open a new one for you, you can PM me on here.

·
Registered
210 Posts
"AJ" (the Renegade) gets one more night at the "hotel" at Young Chrysler Jeep. (Formerly Schanski's.) They've been SO polite and helpful. I'm told as of a few minutes ago they'd like to have one more day with it, and they're bringing a loaner vehicle to my radio station. VERY nice and helpful people. I'm pretty sure the service people all stayed when Schanski's sold it a few months back. VERY home-town polite, this dealership. Always has been.

Will know more tomorrow, per the STAR team, as you can see in the attached pic.
If I'm going to be critical of the new vehicle and it's quirks for the money (my first NEW vehicle) I'm also going to COMPLIMENT those who try to help.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
"AJ" (the Renegade) gets one more night at the "hotel" at Young Chrysler Jeep. (Formerly Schanski's.) They've been SO polite and helpful. I'm told as of a few minutes ago they'd like to have one more day with it, and they're bringing a loaner vehicle to my radio station. VERY nice and helpful people. I'm pretty sure the service people all stayed when Schanski's sold it a few months back. VERY home-town polite, this dealership. Always has been.

Will know more tomorrow, per the STAR team, as you can see in the attached pic.
If I'm going to be critical of the new vehicle and it's quirks for the money (my first NEW vehicle) I'm also going to COMPLIMENT those who try to help.
I always love to hear about a good dealership experience, so thank you for sharing this! :D

Any updates today?

·
Registered
210 Posts
No updates yet. Probably tomorrow, given it's nearly 5:30 EST on Tuesday now. I'm assuming either a) They've found something very revealing and it needs lots of time, or b) My Renegade is the first one to have this "deep" of a diagnostic by STAR which may be an example for others. No idea. Usually it would be returned to the station by now, but they did, as I mentioned yesterday provide transportation, a 2015 van-type Chrysler. So, I'm not without wheels.

They were also asked to look into the TSB about passenger door vibration while it was there, as I have one that is quite noticeable on bumpy roads and when cold, and a vibration (very low, rather loud) from the rear wiper in cold weather, especially when first starting. No telling what the "issue" is, but I'd lay money it's on the firmware right now, not the routine "tighten, fix, quiet-it-down" kind of warranty things.

Still quite happy to have a local dealer who honors another dealer's sale and warranty, and helps me, the client so well. Good people.

·
Registered
210 Posts
As of this morning, I made an inquiry...
(see attached.). STAR is leaning toward some type of replacement for electrical issues, not sure if they mean
the DASH display in front of the driver, or the radio.....but see attached.

Again, excellent communications and service by YOUNG Chrysler Jeep in Ionia, MI.

While I hate the idea of my new car getting "transplants", there's no better place for it to happen, right?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm curious these days, given the language of the PM I got regarding my Jeep's issues, do we have any Jeep technicians here
who can help explain what this means? I know the STAR team is looking at info sent to them, probably everything from config files to executables from the computer portion of the Renegade. In the old days" cluster" meant the dashboard readout....today, is it the same or is the "cluster" the "cluster" of wiring, the "cluster" of computers running the options, or the "cluster" of all of the above including the radio? Things change with time....My local contact who messaged me is checking in to this as well, but curious if anyone knows!

I have a hard time believing in this case it's a dashboard readout, after all, the dashboard is only showing what it's TOLD to show by the computer whose head-end is the Uconnect radio. The dashboard itself has not had other issues like lighting, flashing, blanking out or anything like that....so, I'm thinking "cluster" may now mean something different than that. I'll check in again with them tomorrow..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.