Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got a Renegade Latitude with the uconnect 6.5 equipped with navigation. I saw this YouTube video http://youtu.be/cAELXbNa9VI Which shows uconnect live with Facebook and other apps...mine only has yelp, the uconnect access app shows pandora, iheart radio, aha, and slacker but according to the rep I spoke with...those are not available for the renegade. I'm Just a little confused by this. When does the Uconnect live come to America? The video above appears to be from over seas. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Even if you can get those options, are you going to want them after a year when it costs $20/month to have them? The voice commands suck, yelp is really slow and sometimes inaccurate. Even the navigation is slow to get the address entered in, so I only use it on long trips. I have much better success just pulling over and searching on my phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, I agree they are sluggish but it would be nice to have the options shown in the YouTube video. I really want Facebook in my car! Just to say that I do mostly lol

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing Android Auto implementation. But that would probably be years away.

TS

·
Registered
216 Posts
Is anyone having issues when using VR to enter address while in NAV mode?? I have tried like 50 times to enter an address via VR and my stupid system states it does not understand and will not process the command. I even tried "1600,pennsylvania ave, Washington, DC" and nothing. This address is the most known in US (white house).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is anyone having issues when using VR to enter address while in NAV mode?? I have tried like 50 times to enter an address via VR and my stupid system states it does not understand and will not process the command. I even tried "1600,pennsylvania ave, Washington, DC" and nothing. This address is the most known in US (white house).
Tried mine after reading your question and worked fine once I figured it out. Had to say House Number, Street, and State, then had to repeat it with House Number, Street, City.

Software version for Uconnect is: 15.04.31 I believe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@1SGBowden - How did you get your navigation to change your location from Canada to your resident city/state? I've tried recalibrating by driving in circles as I was instructed to do, but the map still shows that I am in Canada! I'm actually in Houston TX, though.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
@1SGBowden - How did you get your navigation to change your location from Canada to your resident city/state? I've tried recalibrating by driving in circles as I was instructed to do, but the map still shows that I am in Canada! I'm actually in Houston TX, though.
The very first screen will probably say Canada. Mine said Russia.
Select that and you should be given an option to select your country.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, that is not the problem. When I try to navigate to a local address, the map is showing that my starting point is in Canada and that my travel distance is 2,000 miles! I took it to the dealership today and they couldn't figure it out either. They said they even reset it - still nothing. So, now I have to take it in for service and leave it for a couple of days. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with either the antenna or module. My compass doesn't work either - since I've had the vehicle, it has not moved from the North position. Furthermore, the Sirius XM radio will not pick up a signal and continually says, "Check antenna. See dealer for service." I sure hope they figure this all out when I take it in!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.