Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have an issue with the low volume sounding voice promps. On my 2016 TH, there is no volume adjustment on the Uconnect screen: Settings>Voice

Can someone check their 6.5 and compare your 'Voice' screen to mine?

BTW I my Uconnect version is 15.21.37

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks for the help. If anyone have more input please chime in :ReneBlueWave:

OK just to make sure... there are 3 different volume promps.

1.) The one I'm talking about affects the voice commands that I get from the system for example if I push the VR steering wheel button the lady's voice would rattle off menu items. For example, push VR button, after the beep, I say 'cancel' and the lady would repeat back 'cancel'. My issue is her voice is too darn low LOL.

2.) There is also Navigation voice instructions from the NAV system. This I CAN control, the volume goes up to '23'. FREAKING LOUD LOL... I LOVE it.

3.) Volume setting in center display controlled by the steering wheel touch pad. If you dig around you will find warning sound settings... low, medium, and high. Honestly the differences are so minute I can't tell which is which LOL. I think this only affects warnings within the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone suggested turning the volume button as she is speaking. It's worth a try but my guess is it won't work because voice recognition promps come from behind the dashboard it seems. Meanwhile Nav instructions are coming thru the radio speakers. Instrument cluster warning chime is coming under the steering wheel?

I can't test it right now, Jeep is parked outside and currently Chicagoland temp is -16 wind chill !!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:)

SUCCESS!!!

I was able to 'pump up the volume' of the lady's voice by turning the volume knob. Thanks I1430radio!

For those interested... push VR button when Uconnect is in radio mode. say 'help' and the lady starts talking. Then crank the volume up or down as desire using the knob on the Uconnect. Heck you maybe able to use the steering wheel buttons, dare to live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.