Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully update to the 6.5 to RA4_18.50.35.BU.MY15-17 that is available to download. I've tried twice to get mine to update with not luck. Keeps telling me files not supported.

Thanks, jjp

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do stand corrected. After talking to Uconnect they do pay for updates since my car would not take them via usb hub. Plus the newest update is a RRT. Which is always covered for free. But if you are out of warranty and just want updates, that is not covered unless it is an RRT or like.

As for going without the update, it would have left my Navigation useless, because the GPS signal was incorrect. That is what the newest RRT fixes. Version 18. etc...

jjp

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wanted to also post this fixed my red lights coming on my 911 and assist buttons all the time when I take short stops to run into store and start up within 15-20 minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I
Has anyone successfully update to the 6.5 to RA4_18.50.35.BU.MY15-17 that is available to download. I've tried twice to get mine to update with not luck. Keeps telling me files not supported.

Thanks, jjp
Have a 2016 trailhawk. I have had to bring my renegade in twice under warranty for updates to computer and transmission. Never been charged under normal warranty. It is covered. Now if there is a update for the uconnect and your out of original warranty(not extended warranty). Open the uconnect apps. And it will connect with them (UConnect). They will have you make sure your vehicle is running, and link to your uconnect remotely. Now, this will sound funny and like i am full of it... i'm not. They will have you do a few things like open and close your deiver door2 to 3 times, press a couple buttons on your steering wheel among a couple other things.(kind of like entering a code on a playstation or xbox. Rofl. Once u do those while your connected with them, it will attempt to update over the air. If for any reason they cannot successfully update over the air. They will tell you to go into your dealership and have them do it. I also believe you can goto the uconnect website and download on a "Blank" usb drive and download and install it through a thumb drive. They will show you on the website how to see which model od uconnect you have and which is the latest update for it. Belive it or not, not all uconnect models are currently supported. My 2016 trailhawk only has about 2 years left of supported updates.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've tried both the things you talk about. For some reason I the usb drive would not work as stated. As for over the air, my jeep won't get them for some reason, but the good news is, if you can't get either of these to work Uconnect will pay for the updates, even out of warranty as they did with mine.

jjp

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys, jumping in here as I am in the middle of this situation as we speak.

I had 16.24.31. In late November last year, the GPS started going wonky. I downloaded 18.50.35 from the Uconnect site, tried 4 different brands of USB drives, called Uconnect twice, no luck. Uconnect: Sorry, you must go to the dealer to get this updated.

I went to the dealer last month as I finally had a service interval. They were only able to update it to 17.07.46. The GPS was still wonky. And I could not do USB updates. Called Uconnect again. Uconnect: Sorry, you have to go to the dealer again.

So I went back to the dealer again, they tried to update it, but somehow bricked the whole Uconnect unit. It is currently a white screen, no radio, no GPS, no backup camera. They apologized and ordered a new Uconnect and I am still waiting for that to arrive, so I can go back in, get that installed, and hopefully GPS will work properly again. (And USB updates going forward.)

🤦‍♂️

I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need to schedule this. USB update won't work. I think everything is closed right now though...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With people getting the 18. etc.. update, Did you notice the time is wrong when put on GPS time. Mine is 11 minutes behind. Had to turn that off and manually set the time.

Thanks, jjp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts