Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I searching the fourm and didnt really find the answer I was looking for. I have a TH with the 6.5 display. When I goto the uconnect update site and type in my vin I get the following

"There are no updates available at this time for your 2015 JEEP RENEGADE TRAILHAWK 4X4 SPORT UTILITY equipped with the Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/Access/NAV system."

Is this a problem or is it correct? Ive heard that then 8.4AN has multiple HD radio stations, which I can confirm work in my jeep, Plus it seems like other people on this forum have experienced this same issue. Is this something that I need to pursue with jeep and get a change? I dont see any problems at the moment but i want to make sure I am getting the correct updates when them come out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's my experience you can trust the updates that show for your VIN if you use that VIN to research on the proper site. HOWEVER, the system to confirm you have the proper update installed STINKS as the numbers on your radio's system info screen bear no resemblance to the update you install. Also there's the confusion over model numbers with regard to which system is which. (All of this assumes you or the dealer have not changed radios, and that it is original to the vehicle.)

It should also be noted that, like many of us, if YOU do any updates, they won't show on the vehicle history because Jeep cannot verify it was completed successfully by a dealership. All in all, an awful system of updates for a radio/computer with known issues. If in doubt, have the dealer do the update, however and it'll be documented.

My 6.5 unit NEEDED an update to add the wifi feature, and the yelp, etc...which were part of the promised package but not installed in the radio when I took delivery, by the way. We got it from the web. Funny, if you have the same 6.5 unit I do, there's an update for "radio stability" supposedly. (to have it better hold the settings it controls in the car, like backup lines, cornering lights, and dashboard readout units. ) You can check another page the Mods maintain on this page for Technical Service Bulletins and updates you can look-for, too!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
rjl9,

As I1430radio noted, it may be best to just have a dealership check on this for you. If there are certain stations or features you believe you should have that you do not, you can also try reaching out to Uconnect Customer Care at 1-877-855-8400.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rjl9,

As I1430radio noted, it may be best to just have a dealership check on this for you. If there are certain stations or features you believe you should have that you do not, you can also try reaching out to Uconnect Customer Care at 1-877-855-8400.
I have every feature that I expect to have with no problems with my head unit (knock on wood). I just wanted to make sure 8.4AN gets the right updates for my jeep.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have every feature that I expect to have with no problems with my head unit (knock on wood). I just wanted to make sure 8.4AN gets the right updates for my jeep.
I see. The Uconnect Software Update page should give you accurate information, but you can always call the Uconnect support line if you have any doubts or questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.