Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

during the last few days, my Uconnect 6,5" hung up for 2 times. One time during startup (only showing the Jeep+Beatsaudio logo, so it didn't work at all basically) and one time while listening to MP3s from a USB stick (screen locked up, no music playing anymore).

Both times, after switching the car off and letting it sit for a minute or so, everything was fine again. But is there any way to reboot the unit while driving? I mean, it's not possible to just stop in any situation.

Addisionally, I already had a problem with the navigation (voice commands just stopped working on a longer trip - obviously a known problem) -reboot would come in handy in this case too.

Anyone else having their Uconnect freezing?

Thanks!

Best regards
Tobias

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi,
after 4 month and just over 5000 km, something similar happend to me. I have uconnect 5.0. It stoped working, when I turned it on, shows only Jeep logo and played last radio station played before breakdown. When I put in reverse, rear view from camera came on and stayed on even when driving forward.
I tried with battery disconection - no help. Tried this soft reset :
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-electrical-problems/25413-hard-reset-uconnect.html
I heared some sound like it did reset, but error stayed the same.
It was Sunday, so next day I called my dealer for service. On internet I found similar case with identical problem - solution was replacing the unit.
First I was sceptical with my dealer, because it is the only dealer/service in my country and no competition is no good. As I read on this forum, how many problems some have with their dealers, I was expecting some problems too. But I was pleasantly surprised. Very profesional aproach. I left my Jeep in the mornig and picked it up the same afternoon.
First they do all software updates for vehicle and tried updates for uconnect. It didnt help, so they replaced Uconect with new one taken from the vehicle on the lot, and I didn't have to wait for delivery and took it to service once again.

So Tobias, if you have still this problem, maybe soft reset will help, otherwise maybe service is the only solution.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I would recommend that if the U-Connect needs rebooting whilst driving, please pull off the road when it is safe to do so and then reboot it. Please don't attempt it whilst driving as it may cause a distraction and lead to a collision. I am only thinking of your safety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.