Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, could not find this in any previous threads.

My uconnect 5.0 unit connects to my phone and reads texts, answers calls etc. But it does not recognize phone numbers stored in my phone like it used to. Instead of telling a text has been received from a certain person, it just reads out their phone number.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running on 5.01.

Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I would check to see if your phone book is downloaded. Mine got lost and I had to re download it. Could also delete and repair the phone. Happened to me on my Galacy S5.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would check to see if your phone book is downloaded. Mine got lost and I had to re download it. Could also delete and repair the phone. Happened to me on my Galacy S5.
Thanks.

My phone book is there, I checked.

Are you talking about deleting the phone from Uconnect and installing it again?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the late response, will see if I can find anything out tomorrow at work. Ill be able to play with some phone models and see if I can find anything out.
Figured it out, I think. When combining multiple numbers/emails etc. into one contact, that contact is saved to Google and does not get picked up by the Uconnect system. Once I save a number directly to my sim card it shows up. Sounds like a round a bout way of doing things, but it will do for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my Uconnect. It's not allowing my text messages to come through the car and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my Uconnect. It's not allowing my text messages to come through the car and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

Any ideas?
If you have an Iphone, make sure you go into blue tooth and then the uconnnect part and turn on show notifications.

I also noticed that with the Iphone 6s you can not reply to text messages, and after the software update on the 5 inch system on my android and windows devices I now can only do a limited number of responses to texts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, could not find this in any previous threads.

My uconnect 5.0 unit connects to my phone and reads texts, answers calls etc. But it does not recognize phone numbers stored in my phone like it used to. Instead of telling a text has been received from a certain person, it just reads out their phone number.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 running on 5.01.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I also happened to me after my SiriusXM ran out. I can't find any help on this either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.