Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot find the text messages anywhere on my phone, so I do not know where or how to delete these text messages from my phone. Any specifics on where these messages would be on my phone would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.

· Registered
285 Posts
I cannot find the text messages anywhere on my phone, so I do not know where or how to delete these text messages from my phone. Any specifics on where these messages would be on my phone would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.
After doing some searching and testing it myself I can confirm that if you delete a message from your phone it deletes it from the Uconnect system. However you have to disconnect and reconnect the phone for it to re-sync the address book. If you're still seeing messages on the Uconnect and you've already deleted them from your phone I would delete the phone from the Uconnect and re-pair. I'm using an Android phone btw.
I hope this helps!

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you tried to un-pair and then re-pair your phone to the Uconnect system?

Hello again and thanks for your suggestions. I just unpaired and repaired my phone and the 35 messages are still on uconnect. Don't know what else to try. I cannot believe that Uconnect would not have a delete feature for messages. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John

· Registered
3 Posts
After doing some searching and testing it myself I can confirm that if you delete a message from your phone it deletes it from the Uconnect system. However you have to disconnect and reconnect the phone for it to re-sync the address book. If you're still seeing messages on the Uconnect and you've already deleted them from your phone I would delete the phone from the Uconnect and re-pair. I'm using an Android phone btw. I hope this helps!
hi do i need to be connected to the u connect when i delete the messages?

· Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
You won't be able to delete messages without the phone connected. But you could try deleting the phone pairing and re-pair it. That should remove all previous info stored.

· Registered
3 Posts
i connected to my jeeps u connect then deleted my messages on my fone, then disconnected from the u connect and deleted my fone from the u connect device list, then turned my fone off and then back on... and paired it with the u connect again... and checked messages and all history was deleted!! including messages!
i have a motorola g stylus android fone btw...
thanks everyone😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts