Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who have the Uconnect 6.5 (navigation, somewhat limited apps, larger screen, not the one with heat controls) ...who have been experiencing issues with user settings not "holding" there may be hope. I'm glad to report that I've passed the one week point of having "test" software in my car from a Chrysler Jeep representative who worked directly with my dealership, and my settings have held!

I'd had trouble with the parking brake which I like on manual, light-off delay which I liked at 30 seconds (now it has 60 as an option, don't think it did) and, I'd had difficulty with the tire pressures changing to "bars" and occasionally the backup camera lines going away.

So far, everything holds. Now, I'm not a heavy driver, I go into our town a couple miles sometimes twice a day, sometimes not at all, but usually, either a swing in temperature, or just "time" made it go back to defaults which I hated.

I was the first to get this software in Michigan, and I don't know WHEN it becomes a real release, or if it's out there already and had not come HERE til now, but I am encouraged. I'll post when I know more.

Having these annoyances fixed means I'm back to liking my vehicle again....it's a fun one to drive with the stick, the mileage on open roads is between 33 on state (standard 2-lane) and 28 m's p.g. on the interstate, and not much loss on in-town driving being a stick. (I'm no leadfoot.)

Just over 6 thousand miles on it now, a 2015 Latitude edition, and I think now it's time to get the radio station special "rear window treatment" put on. I'd held off not knowing if A.J. and I were parting company or not...but now I'm pretty darn sure that things will work out.

It's good to note that without COOPERATIVE AND POLITE work between the owner, dealership, and FCA online problem solving folks, most of this would not have come out this well. They ALL treated me very well. Young Ionia being the dealer here in my town, (and they didn't even sell me the car, it came from a dealership in another town.)

I am impressed. Along the way when I was without my vehicle waiting for either software or a new radio, they provided a free rental vehicle, and I am proud to say that for a first "new" car, at least the WARRANTY work has been exemplary.

If this holds, there's more fun to come for me, and hopefully for some of you with similar issues.

Oh, and we passed along the information on how to make the AM radio sound better, too. It's awful, but there MAY be hope. "Stay Tuned!"

-WION Radio

·
Registered
153 Posts
My software version (in the UK) recently updated itself to 15.21.37

I'm still getting the Forward Collision turning itself off occasionally, but much less than it used to

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was the version I left behind. Give them time....the ONLY reason I got a new version was testing for them due to proximity to engineers, and having a case open at Chrysler, while simultaneously working through the dealer, and I even had them so stumped with my issues that the original Uconnect radio was replaced with a brand new one. In the end, software IS the problem for me so far, which is good, considering that it could have been a wiring harness, cluster, or some large piece of the Renegade which I didn't want torn apart being new! I know they did not do anything except software, I was there, in sight of the car, visiting with my service department folks when the work was done!

I have reported the (so far) good results to the engineer from FCA, and told him it has held thus far. The ONLY thing I don't like in this update is the parking brake coming on when the engine is ON and you open the door. I've asked if this can be made an OPTION like it is for "engine off"..given there are no regulations for this to exist here. I don't know if he will be able to respond to this request or not.

I know they will wait a while before sending out this update, to make sure that it holds WELL...after all, nobody wants "new" software with bugs. So, I'm regularly contacting him to report-in.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
had this issue with disappearing reverse camera lines happen on me a couple of times but so far it works. but the front collision being off happens a lot of times and i end up turning off/on the ignition to get it to work. pretty annoying !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks for the heads up regarding the new software update. do you have any idea how to update the navigation maps on this unit ? the instructions says to prepare a usb drive front the navigation menu. problem is that i am unable to find such option.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the heads up regarding the new software update. do you have any idea how to update the navigation maps on this unit ? the instructions says to prepare a usb drive front the navigation menu. problem is that i am unable to find such option.
Probably badly written instructions. The only way I know that anyone helping me has "prepared" a USB drive is in a computer, making it the proper file-system. Not sure when this particular release is out, maybe it is in your area already, but in MI, it was not, and I was assured I was first to use it. I'd assume prep for the USB is like you would do for any other "special use" of a drive, format it properly in your computer before downloading updates when available.

I'd also observe that having the DEALER put it in is free, and if a problem develops, they'll easily handle it, too!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way, according to my VIN, this is now available for public download....the version I got.
PLEASE REPORT HERE if you update and find the 9-1-1 and Uconnect lights randomly going red, or issues with the pairing of your
phone AFTER this update, especially if you never had those issues before. Those are the only side-effects I've had. Now my dash holds fine, but yesterday the pairing of the bluetooth just "quit" and was tested multiple times on two different phones. The Uconnect is not "visible" to phones anymore. (and I get red lights on the upper console randomly.)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes its available as i downloaded this. No 911 button so i cannot say. No red lights on console, re bluetooth - so far still connected, however i had some issues playing music somtimes from the phone but i blamed that on the phone os since it was updated last week also...

·
Registered
60 Posts
By the way, according to my VIN, this is now available for public download....the version I got.
PLEASE REPORT HERE if you update and find the 9-1-1 and Uconnect lights randomly going red, or issues with the pairing of your
phone AFTER this update, especially if you never had those issues before. Those are the only side-effects I've had. Now my dash holds fine, but yesterday the pairing of the bluetooth just "quit" and was tested multiple times on two different phones. The Uconnect is not "visible" to phones anymore. (and I get red lights on the upper console randomly.)
I did the update and noticed the the Uconnect and 9-1-1 light is red sometimes. I press the Uconnect button and both of them turn green and then goes out. I definitely say that is a bug.

No problems with Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
An update on this: Upon doing some further digging, I found the below information on the 9-1-1 assist button being illuminated red. This was found on page 422 of the Owner's Manual.

"If the 9-1-1 Call system detects a malfunction, any of the
following may occur at the time the malfunction is
detected, and at the beginning of each ignition cycle:

• The overhead console lights located on the Assist and
9-1-1 buttons will continuously be illuminated red"

With this in mind, there definitely seems to be something thrown off. It may even be more electrical than Uconnect-related.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the random red 911 and Uconnect assist lights too. Hit the assist button, it turned green and then went off as mentioned above. I don't think I've ever seen any lights before this (are they supposed to be green all the time?). That would be helpful so one doesn't accidentally hit the 911 button in the dark. Definitely a minor issue, but hope they fix it in the next update.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got the random red 911 and Uconnect assist lights too. Hit the assist button, it turned green and then went off as mentioned above. I don't think I've ever seen any lights before this (are they supposed to be green all the time?). That would be helpful so one doesn't accidentally hit the 911 button in the dark. Definitely a minor issue, but hope they fix it in the next update.
I bought my Trailhawk in August 2015. I remember, before the first software update, that the Assist and 911 lights were always illuminated green. I tried both buttons and they would turn red when I pushed them (individually). After the software update (6.5_RA4_15_21_37_MY15_BU) they were dark in all instances. They were still functional, though. After the latest March 2016 update (16.05.33 MY15-16) I saw the lights turn red just after the update and haven't seen them red again. When I push either button now the appropriate button turns green and goes back off after the assist or 911 call is completed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've asked politely for an update on this situation from the Chrysler/Jeep engineer that came to my town to install my update, and CC'd my local dealership on this.

Hope this helps us all. We'll see soon. Will post any response I receive.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.