Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I have Jeep renegade 2015 trailhawk version, current uconnect version is 15.21.37. when I try to download update from here Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates it gives me UCONNECT_RA4_18.50.35_BU_MY15-17 this version. I wrote it to USB(FAT32) and tried to update but when I plug USB into media port nothing happens. after investigating I came to idea that it can't be updated with such a gap between versions. do you have any idea which version should I install first and how to download ?

P.S vehicle is made for US market and now I imported it to Georgia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2017 Latitude 4x4. I copied the files out of the folder onto the 4gb USB drive that was formatted to FAT32. Everytime I put the usb drive in to update it tells me ISO Failed to Authenticate. I called the helpful folks at UCONNECT who told me to go to the dealer. Dealer wants to charge me $180 to update the software. If anybody else has an answer to this, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2017 Renegade Trailhawk
144 Posts
I'd suggest either using a different USB drive or there could be an issue with the CHECKSUM when you're copying over the files from your computer to the USB drive which, causes the authentication failure.

I used to use this software when copying files from the computer to a USB back in the day to ensure that it was copied over exactly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd suggest either using a different USB drive or there could be an issue with the CHECKSUM when you're copying over the files from your computer to the USB drive which, causes the authentication failure.

I used to use this software when copying files from the computer to a USB back in the day to ensure that it was copied over exactly.
thank you for sharing your experience, much appreciated. in my case uconnect simply ignores USB drive, I've tried with 2 different flash drives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts