Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone uk runners updated the larger screen uconnect system? read some comments from us and european users who experienced some problems after doing so, not sure if its a different patch for the uk system/maps?

·
Registered
36 Posts
uconnect website shows update available after entering VIN

Followed instructions and downloaded file and extracted to NTFS formatted USB stick

When putting USB stick in the socket in the car display just shows "Cannot Play"

Any advice or pointers anyone ?
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Instructions for update say to Format USB to NTFS before extracting downloaded file to it
ISO file shows on the USB drive but car doesn't seem to recognise it
I am wondering if update is for US only ?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tried with USB formatted as FAT32

Extracted update file to the USB
ISO file shows on the stick

When put into AUX USB socket in car dis play shows 'Files Not Supported'

:(
Make sure the ISO file is in the root directory of the flash drive with no other files on it. It took me twice to get it to recognize it. Try with the ignition on (don't start the engine) and the radio off. Put the drive in the main USB port on the center console. Then turn the radio on.
If that doesn't work try turning the radio on first, then insert the flash drive.

I hope you get it to work!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had no problems. Downloaded OK on my MacBook Pro using Safari. Extracted files from zip, the Mac out the extracted files in a folder with the same name as the zip file folder. Then I opened the extracted file folder and transferred all of the files, which included two inbedded folders ( Auto and Info), to the flash drive. Note: do not drag the top level file folder to the flash drive. Drag the individual files and sub folders.

Immediately after plugging the flash drive into my 5.0 unit, it displayed "ready to upset software" and listed the version currently installed and the version on the flash drive. The installation took about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tried to check for downloads today and my VIN isn't recognised (an error has occurred, please check vin...supported browser etc). tried Safari, Chrome & IE.

I double checked that I was typing it in correctly, I was, went back to the car to make sure I wasn't misreading the digits on the photo I was using, I wasn't. still the same error from the website ?

How bizarre.

Peter.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Finally got it to recognise my VIN and have updated from an early version 7 software to 9.00.48.00. Quite a gap. Wouldn't it have been nice for the dealer to bring all software up to date before handing it over to the Customer ?

In addition it would be nice to know what each software update is delivering in way of fixes (IE. a release note with the download).

Peter.....

Tried to check for downloads today and my VIN isn't recognised (an error has occurred, please check vin...supported browser etc). tried Safari, Chrome & IE.

I double checked that I was typing it in correctly, I was, went back to the car to make sure I wasn't misreading the digits on the photo I was using, I wasn't. still the same error from the website ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is this something that has to be done regularly? I work in IT and let's be honest those that do something all day every day, have very little will to carry on with something of a similar nature when they get home! I just want to get in my car and drive and expect some sort of auto update (that would be nice).

This forum is good heads up - I'll make sure I ask the dealer a few days in advance of collecting my order that they update all software to the very latest version. Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I mentioned the upgrade to my dealer and he said this only for the US market where there is full Internet connectivity, and it's a security patch to stop vehicle hacking, we don't have this set up in the UK.
unless we are getting issues here?:, touch wood mine is doing everything it's meant to.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was a bit apprehensive about updating uconnect after reading these posts. However I connected a 16GB Sandisc flash drive to the console USB.. 0n screen Nav menu update asked to prepared drive.... then entered VIN into this site: http://www.driveuconnect.com/support/jeep/ downloaded file to PC and then extracted it to flash drive....Turned ignition on without starting engine! Switched on uconnect, put flash in USB and download started, updated from 7 to 9 in about 40mins. Well pleased as all working fine.....Thank you Please!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just updated and my time is an hour behind. Not sure why but it won't let me do it manually. The plus minus next to the time is grayed out. Does it adjust on its own or do I need to bring it in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is the update worth doing? Does it bring anything new other than update maps? In particular what does it do with the new app, does it add Tom Tom traffic to the sat nav?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.