Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a New 2020 Jeep Renegade and i want to upgarde my Uconnect 7" No Navigation to the Uconnect 8.4 UAQ Navagation, but i can not find out any information, and only a bunch of road blocks,
Has anyone done this have any advise ???

·
Registered
2020 Renegade Trialhawk 1.3l - 2019 Cherokee Limited 3.2 - 2007 Liberty Limited
24 Posts
I have a New 2020 Jeep Renegade and i want to upgarde my Uconnect 7" No Navigation to the Uconnect 8.4 UAQ Navagation, but i can not find out any information, and only a bunch of road blocks,
Has anyone done this have any advise ???
Bump, I am in the same boat here. Would like to know what we can do to upgrade to the larger Uconnect 8.4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump, I am in the same boat here. Would like to know what we can do to upgrade to the larger Uconnect 8.4.
well i am a guinea pig ( Beta test ) for a company called Infotainment they are building me a 8.4 UAQ as we speak i should have it next week , we are not sure if everything will work , i hope it does, they build these for wranglers and charger , but this is the first Renegade they have ever done ..

i am keeping my fingers crossed .

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I am unsure if this link for getting your U-connect updates can or will assist. Nothing ventured, nothing gained for the sake of a few clicks and having your VIN number handy.

U-connect updates

·
Registered
24 Posts
i thought the Trailhawks had a 8.4 with navigation already ????
8.4" is not standard on the TH.

I am unsure if this link for getting your U-connect updates can or will assist. Nothing ventured, nothing gained for the sake of a few clicks and having your VIN number handy.

U-connect updates
Appreciate the link, have been there before to see if there are software updates for mine and my wife's vehicles but is not what we are looking for here.

What we are talking about is to upgrade from the 7" units to the 8.4" units.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the Trailhawks i looked at in 2020 the 8.4 UAQ was included and i looked at many of the
2020 TH But i bought a 2020 Renagde Jeepster and it came with 7" Radio with out Nav, i should have bought a TH

·
Registered
24 Posts
All the Trailhawks i looked at in 2020 the 8.4 UAQ was included and i looked at many of the
2020 TH But i bought a 2020 Renagde Jeepster and it came with 7" Radio with out Nav, i should have bought a TH
Mine is a 2020 and has the 7" Uconnect. Sticker was right over $30k, after rebates and haggling, paid just over $20k.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does yours have Nav ???
No Nav. My wife's Cherokee has the 8.4. All the 8.4" units have Nav, it just depends on if it is enabled or not. Hers isn't enabled, we can pay Jeep for the unlock code if we wanted to turn nav for it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well i am a guinea pig ( Beta test ) for a company called Infotainment they are building me a 8.4 UAQ as we speak i should have it next week , we are not sure if everything will work , i hope it does, they build these for wranglers and charger , but this is the first Renegade they have ever done ..

i am keeping my fingers crossed .
Checking to see if you have an update on how this went for you. Did it work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Checking to see if you have an update on how this went for you. Did it work?
infotainment is still building the radio they had a hard time to find the 8.4 bezel , i should have by the end of week
then the dealer will install for me
i will give update when complete

·
Registered
1 Posts
infotainment is still building the radio they had a hard time to find the 8.4 bezel , i should have by the end of week
then the dealer will install for me
i will give update when complete
Well.... I take it either went really well or really bad? haha

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
To be fair, I have never seen a post from the guy in 5 months. Perhaps you may get a reply but don't hold your breath.

ps Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, hate to take over the OP's post, but I just completed this upgrade. Obtained the UAQ as a hand-me-down so why not. Ordered the new radio bezel online pn 6VM16LXHAA. The bigger screen is actually nice. Really nice! Other than that, didn't gain much over the 7, except Nav, but I use CarPlay/Apple maps mostly anyway. Seems like there are some quircks in the re-programming process, but if anything errors out (making configuration changes) just disconnect from the BCM, power cycle and try again. From the online videos of others doing this conversion, seems like everyone does a Proxy Align immediately after swapping the radio. I did the same and the BCM reported config errors, I assume due to the new radio not matching the BCM. Made the following changes in AlfaOBD-

Car configuration change: Radio Type: ' LEVEL 2 (R1 LOW) ' -> ' LEVEL 4 '
Car configuration change: SDARS Travel Link: ' ABSENT ' -> ' PRESENT '
Car configuration change: Navigation: ' ABSENT ' -> ' PRESENT '
Car configuration change: GPS Dead Reckoning: ' ABSENT ' -> ' PRESENT '

If you have Satellite radio, these should be already enabled-
SDARS: Present
GPS: Present

I have the 3" instrument cluster. The BCM did not like these to be enabled-
Car configuration change: Navigation Info Repetition: ' ABSENT '
Car configuration change: Navigation Info Repetition Menu: ' ABSENT '
If you have done the 7" cluster swap, you could probably switch these to PRESENT.

Cleared all DTC's and did another Proxi Align. All modules completed successfully. Made sure all DTC's were still cleared and power cycled ignition. Radio booted up just fine and I entered the anti-theft code, but no sound. Allowed it to sleep overnight and next morning radio was fully functioning. CarPlay, steering wheel controls, vehicle menus all work like with the previous radio. I'm sure this is just in my head, but the sound quality sounds improved and stronger bass from the sub? The radio is running application QR-39.5.0. I did try to enable Off-Road Pages, but never showed up in the apps.

Gadget Automotive design Font Personal luxury car Audio equipment
Camera accessory Gadget Font Audio equipment Material property
Car Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
81 Posts
The only thing that bugs me is nav database seems to have locked. I'm hoping once I drive it around everything will sync back up since the nav was working when in the donor vehicle. Worst case it detected the VIN change and locked out the map? It shows great satellite signal on 10 satellites and shows the exact coordinates accurately. Just can't or won't show it on the map.
Plant Automotive design Audio equipment Gadget Vehicle audio
Plant Car Vehicle Automotive design Gadget

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lock out confirmed. Ended up purchasing a new map and activated to my VIN. Map database is the same as what was already in the radio but went through the activation and update process. Now nav is working.
Map Gadget Font Line Measuring instrument

·
Registered
2021 Renegade Trailhawk - 1.3T, Toyo AT3s, Valkyrie Skids
30 Posts
This is pretty cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Out of curiosity, does AlfaOBD allow you to edit the apps available in UConnect (Jeep Off-road Pages come to mind).
I guess I’ll start investigating this soon :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts