Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

Just curious if others have trouble making themselves understood to the Uconnect voice recognition button. Every time I select a Sirius XM radio station, it gets it wrong most of the time. For example, if I ask for Classic Vinyl, it will give me three choices to choose from, rather than going right to it. I talk for a living, so I have a very clear style of speaking. Heck, I even tried with an Italian accent to see if that helped! :D

Thanks!

B.

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
Absolutely awful. Slow and 100% incorrect for me.

I jsut use siri on my phone on the dash mount. About 1000 times more accurate and faster. Doesn't do the radio stations, but the head unit is mostly a docking station for my phone anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Howdy all,

Just curious if others have trouble making themselves understood to the Uconnect voice recognition button. Every time I select a Sirius XM radio station, it gets it wrong most of the time. For example, if I ask for Classic Vinyl, it will give me three choices to choose from, rather than going right to it. I talk for a living, so I have a very clear style of speaking. Heck, I even tried with an Italian accent to see if that helped! :D

Thanks!

B.
It's possible that the microphone is not placed properly. I've seen on other vehicles where the mic slips down inside the rear-view unit, so it doesn't line up with the actual hole in the plastic.

The reco was excellent on my test drive. It rejected when I said something bogus, and found 80s on 8 on the first try with no confirmation.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine works just fine, at least once I found out that the mic isn't in the steering wheel.

... I used to double-down and SPEAK LOUDER in the direction of the voice button. Seemed logical at the time. My wife thinks it's hilarious, now that we know better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine works just fine, at least once I found out that the mic isn't in the steering wheel.

... I used to double-down and SPEAK LOUDER in the direction of the voice button. Seemed logical at the time. My wife thinks it's hilarious, now that we know better.
Where is the mic located?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have never used the voice recognition. I have had it for more than a year in my other car and never used it. It's one of those functions that I prefer to manually push the button to tune in the station I want.

I suppose I just don't like talking to a car.

Reactions: Lackadazikal

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have never used the voice recognition. I have had it for more than a year in my other car and never used it. It's one of those functions that I prefer to manually push the button to tune in the station I want.

I suppose I just don't like talking to a car.
In my cars, I only used voice recognition for my Bluetooth phone, but since the TH has the small, 5 inch, display which doesn't show XM station names, I try (with limited success) to use it to tune the radio.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Strangely, I've found that the microphone does VERY well on Uconnect support calls and phones no matter what, but seems MORE accurate when driving than when sitting still! Used it yesterday driving home at night from my first short road trip of a hundred miles each way give or take, and it grabbed titles and artists easier, or so it seems.

In our "instant" world, I also didn't know til my second day with the car and editing the files on the USB via my computer that it takes a little while for the info to "download" to the Uconnect.....apparently it creates it's own catalog that reaches TO your files....Got a message when first trying the voice recognition for files that said something to the effect of " still downloading" or similar. (been a few days now.)

Overall: Not bad. Shorter (file)names work best.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does anybody know how to hook up an iPhone 5 to the Uconnect 5.0 so that it will read your texts and allow you to text back using your voice? I have my bluetooth set up and I'm able to make calls and everything, I just can't figure out the voice text portion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.