Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Jeep just over 4months now and in general I am a happy camper. However not long after I got itI notices that on occasion it would randomly switch radio channel or jumptracks if I was listening to music from a USB stick. At first didn’t think anythingof it, wondering if I’d caught the steering wheel controls as it seemed tohappen as I was manoeuvring. Two months in and I now know it’s not me causing theUconnect unit to jump stations/tracks and I’m wondering if it’s the loom in thesteering wheel or a dodgy connection somewhere. Plus the problem is now happeningannoyingly often and mainly in the early morning when it’s cold and I’m drivingto work, so I booked it in to the Jeep dealers.

The jeep dealer informed me thatthe problem was down to the steering wheel and body role software. I wassceptical but the guy sounded so sure of himself I wondered if they’d comeacross the problem before. Guess what it didn’t fix the problem. So three weekslater I’m back at the dealers. This time they tell me that the Uconnect isflagging a touch screen error and that they’ve been onto Jeep technicalservices who advise replacing the Uconnect unit. This should only take a week,two at most to get the part, or so I’m told.

Two weeks later and I haven’t heardanything from Jeep so I call the dealers. The problem is now so bad I don’tbother turning on the Uconnect unit, it’s pointless, hitting a bump, turning orsimply touching the screen can send the unit nuts. The deal informs me thatthey still don’t have the part and there is now estimated date for delivery. Headvises I call Jeeps UK customer services and escalate it. I am no longer ahappy camper.

I call Jeeps UK customer servicesand they take all my details and tell me this will be dealt with as a matter ofurgency and that someone will be right on it. Someone being right on it seemsto be 3 days later when I got a call telling me it had been assigned tosomeone. Unfortunately that someone was either busy or on holiday as it wasanother week before they actual emailed me to tell me that, and I quote, “weare currently awaiting feedback from the relevant department in our company in orderto contact you with an update on the radio unit availability as soon aspossible.” In other words four weeks later I still have no Uconnect and noplanned date for getting the unit replaced.

Four weeks to source a Uconnectunit is ridiculous. I could understand it if the Renegade was no longer beingmanufactured but they’re churning out hundreds of them a week in Italy. Ok it’sonly the Uconnect unit that isn’t working but I paid a lot of money for thisvehicle and not having the Uconnect working is detracting from my enjoyment ofthe car. What if this had been an ECU or some other vital part of the vehicle,I’d have been carless!

Jeep customer services are notfilling me with joy. I know faults and problems happen but I just don’t feelthe urgency from them to sort it out. It’s like now we have my money we’re notinterested. They could seriously learn a thing or two from BMW.

Has anyone else had experience ofJeeps UK customer services? If so how was it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Several calls to Customer Services, email to head of customer services, still no joy and it's 5 weeks now and coming into the Christmas holidays so it'll be 7 weeks before anything will be done at best.

This is not the level of service I expect from a company the size of FCA Group.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed this same problem now that it is getting cold out (Seattle, WA, USA). I was wondering if anyone else experienced it, especially when the vehicle is cold, which leads me to believe the problem is in the touchscreen itself.

After the Jeep interior warms up, the UConnect works fine. But until then, jumps around as if a toddler is randomly pressing buttons.

I'll call the local Jeep dealer here, but don't have high hopes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.