Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 2016 Limited Renegade on Saturday, went to register UConnect from Assist button - no response. Called Cust Serv and they said to bring to dealership as I noticed Yelp, UConnect Store apps also missing. Dealer said can't figure out why Assist button not working and I have to wait few day for UConnect to get back to them. Kind of bummed as car has 30 miles on it and already back at dealer.
:eek:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Make sure you have the radio software update if there is one for your vehicle. My 2015 came with wifi capability but no way to buy it, until we had the dealer run an update. In my case, it was also the update that blocks hijacking of the system, which has since been updated for all models to the best of my knowledge. A simple update will likely get you right where you need to go! If you're kind to the dealer, they'll treat you well. It IS frustrating. Been there, done that, was without my Jeep 18 days while a new radio was ordered and installed, only to find that the later issues I had were again, software.

Get the updates, log what's wrong, when and what you should have, and it'll be fixed.
Some of us are waiting for updates to fix the "red light overhead" issue with 9-1-1 calls right now.

Good luck, and please keep us posted...shared information is the BEST information. Cars are no longer 4 wheels with entertainment, they're a computer that happens to go down the road.

-Not a moderator, just another owner who understands.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I have the same issues with my 2015 made renegade bought in January 16. I want the uconnect apps to work as advertised and the uconnect support say it never will on my model. Are you saying that the garage installed a updated radio into your vehicle and you now have full access to the apps etc. Advice on this would be great as I'm just about ready to have this out with them. Cheers (uk by the way if it makes any difference).

·
Registered
210 Posts
No, the radio was installed as an identical replacement when they suspected issues with retaining settings on the dashboard and pesonal settings was a hardware issue.

I don't know what's been changed in the 2016 versions, but in my 2015 Latitude with the 6.5, there were multiple updates since it's rollout. Has our op registered and looked for updates on the Mopar owner site? Owners can do updates that are posted, (if any) but go carefully and take your time!

Units have different apps available. For instance, the 6.5 is not in 2015 capable of the streaming audio through Harmon, but it does have GPS, a new "send to" type of app, the Uconnect store, and wifi, plus other things. Not all of the vehicles have everything. However, if your window sticker says it has something and the radio does not show it, chances are it's a software update. Mine was, right off the lot, needed one to get the wifi hotspot to run. I had no access to the Uconnect store until we did an update ourselves from the web download.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If anyone in here is referring to the apps within the Uconnect app on your phone (linked Pandora, etc), those are the sorts of apps that are not on the radios in the Renegade. The apps native to the radio (wifi access, Yelp, etc) are a different story and really at the heart of this thread. Grabbing the most recent radio update is a great place to start with that one.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Just bought 2016 Limited Renegade on Saturday, went to register UConnect from Assist button - no response. Called Cust Serv and they said to bring to dealership as I noticed Yelp, UConnect Store apps also missing. Dealer said can't figure out why Assist button not working and I have to wait few day for UConnect to get back to them. Kind of bummed as car has 30 miles on it and already back at dealer.
:eek:
If the dealership is unable to find a resolution, please DM me and let me know. Thanks! – Kevin T, Social Connect Team

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updates??

Has anyone received and update or resolution to the missing apps? I bought a 2016 Limited two weeks ago with the same problem, missing registration app. Updates did not fix the problem, Chrysler says there is no fix at this time. Seems to me like they should replace the head unit but are hesitant too (I'm sure it costs a lot). Just wanted to know if anyone's service center found a fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem

Has anyone received and update or resolution to the missing apps? I bought a 2016 Limited two weeks ago with the same problem, missing registration app. Updates did not fix the problem, Chrysler says there is no fix at this time. Seems to me like they should replace the head unit but are hesitant too (I'm sure it costs a lot). Just wanted to know if anyone's service center found a fix.
Bought 2016 Renegade Limited yesterday.... Uconnect does not work... can't even activate it when button pressed. Dealer clueless. I guess they called Chrysler and they said they would, "get back to me in 3 or 4 days". No fix at this time is NOT an acceptable answer. Replacing the headunit or the care is....

I did notice that the radio in my car is different from the radios in the trailhawk version. The lower right button on mine says "apps" and the lower right button on the same year trail hawk says "more". Does that mean I've got an old radio? I don't know.

If anyone hears anything back from this, please let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought 2016 Renegade Limited yesterday.... Uconnect does not work... can't even activate it when button pressed. Dealer clueless. I guess they called Chrysler and they said they would, "get back to me in 3 or 4 days". No fix at this time is NOT an acceptable answer. Replacing the headunit or the care is....

I did notice that the radio in my car is different from the radios in the trailhawk version. The lower right button on mine says "apps" and the lower right button on the same year trail hawk says "more". Does that mean I've got an old radio? I don't know.

If anyone hears anything back from this, please let me know.
I'm in the same boat. Took possession of my 2016 Limited in May. Trying to register the uconnect but am missing the extra apps. My radio also has the "apps" button in the lower right. A call to uconnect didn't help. The person on the other end said there is a known issue with the Renegade and proceeded to connect me with Jeep customer service. Jeep denied there was a known issue and said I should make an appointment with my dealer. Sounds like I'm getting the run around.

Sure hope someone has a solution soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
UPDATE to my previous

So it's been about 11 days since Jeep starting "working on" fixing the problem in this vehicle. I got a VM Friday from Chrysler telling me they put a "trouble ticket" in on this (after 8 days?) to get it fixed, but they, "don't have a solution yet and we don't know when or if we will.... but we will contact you when/if we have a solution. Have a nice day."

Wife and I are going to Carmax to see what we can get for this thing.... Shame because I like the vehicle but the rest of the aggravation isn't worth the trouble.

:ReneBlueWave: Bye, bye little Jeep.....(well, actually, little Fiat)....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another Update

Called Uconnect today and talked to service "coordinator". Stated this was "known issue with renegades". Stated she, "could not say when problem will be resolved but it will certainly be this year"......Really? Maybe Jeep should start using Ford's Sync 3.0 and throw Uconnect in the trash....

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had my TH for 1 month and the uconnect never worked, cannot register the car. Been in contact with Uconnect Care line with open case and they told me it's at the engineers and they are trying to find a solution and it's a known problem.

I think it's going to be some time before they figure it out. I think it's mainly with the 6.5 radio. The only thing I can't use it the free wifi hotspot for 1 year. As for apps like AHA, Pandora and such, they all work through your phone app.

From what I understand there should have been a uconnect button in the settings menu, which I don't have and the assist button on the ceiling should connect you to uconnect, but again it does nothing.

Just some of the information I've gather taking to the Uconnect care line.

PS: A new 6.5 radio will not fix this according to Uconnect Care.

Dealer was useless on this matter also. It's supposed to be part of the car so I guess you could fight for buy back if you really want it. I'm going to keep mine because it's something I will never use after the free year.

jjp

·
Registered
5 Posts
So its been 17 days since purchase. Got call from Uconnect yesterday telling me they had nothing to say. Dealer has been completely silent on this also. Still having the assist thing not working, lights red, sometimes BT don't work, and most importantly, this is supposed to allow remote start via phone. That's the issue for me because I get called into work all hours of the day and night. And I can't even swap out this system for something that works because its tied into so many things. I had uconnect in a Toyota Tacoma previously and basically pulled the entire system and put a new radio and Viper in it and it worked fine. Seems nothing with Uconnect works very well. We're going look at cars today before this one gets too old. I can get what I paid for this from Carmax now so I'm not willing to wait until the appraisal drops. I like the car but will not ever buy another Jeep or another ANYTHING with Uconnect in it. System is just too buggy. Thing that really irritates me is that the dealer knew there was something wrong with it during the walkthrough at delivery.... but said it would be fixed when it was registered. And he knew it wasn't possible to register it in this condition.

Think I'll look at a Ford Escape today.... The Sync 3.0 system works great and Sync Connect does everything and more than Uconnect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UConnect Problems

I just purchased my new 2016 Renegade Limited Friday night (9/16) and on the very next morning I go to register my UConnect - I immediately notice there is no App Store, no UConnect Registration, etc. So I press the 'Assist' button and just dead silence - nothing happens, the Assist button doesn't work. So I call UConnect support and they tell me 'Sorry for the inconvenience but you need to take it back to the dealer, it needs a firmware update'. So I get online here to the forum and see that I am not alone. I noticed also that my lower left button is 'APPS' and not 'MORE' like in the online manual. Also, when I first turn the power on my 6.5 unit - it show 'SRT' in big red & silver letters across the screen - is this normal? There is no SRT Renegade right? - is this the wrong system? Has anyone of you all got this problem fixed yet or are we just stuck. Now, I put my VIN# in on the UConnect site and it states that the software is up to date. I know in the electronics world it can be that the FIRMWARE is one thing and the SOFTWARE is another. Is this true with UConnect too. Is the UConnect update site only for software updates that we can perform ourselves and the firmware updates have to be performed by a dealer technician? I have an appointment for next Saturday to take mine in to the dealership but I hate to drive the almost 1 hour trip for nothing. Any info anyone can provide is greatly appreciated because I just have a sick feeling over this after making such a big purchase.:crying:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Im sure its not beyond your dealer and uconnect to solve the issue. It may indeed be firmware related and not software has you state. But what is correct is that the newer versions do have the APPS button and not MORE button. My experience thus far indicates that those with the MORE button do not have access to the uconnect phone app. Those with the APPS button do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UConnect Still Not Fixed

UConnect System still has not been fixed. Software/Firmware updates do not fix this. Problem seems to be coming from within the vehicle itself. Fiat/Chrysler engineers need to get up off their asses and get a fix out for this. Most definitely my first and last Fiat and Chrysler product just because nobody seems to give a damn for the customers buying their products. I would not feel so harsh about this if someone would just give an explanation for this or say that we will get a fix out for this but I haven't heard a word from anyone. They are treating this like if they keep quite then it will just quietly go away. At the least just show me the customer some respect so that I won't get to the point of my blood boiling. One last note - the dealer service department has been great and honest about not knowing how to fix this - they can't fix something that doesn't have a fix available.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.