Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for other pics and saw this. Are people going to be sticking their key in this hole? What's the idea behind the icon?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
@JFS

It means that power is only supplied to that outlet when the ignition is in the on position. There are usually a mix of both types of outlets. Outlets that only supply power when the car is on, and those that supply power from the battery even if the ignition is off.

I think the Cherokee has a USB plug in the center console that supplies power directly from the battery regardless of ignition position if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
318 Posts
@JFS

It means that power is only supplied to that outlet when the ignition is in the on position. There are usually a mix of both types of outlets. Outlets that only supply power when the car is on, and those that supply power from the battery even if the ignition is off.
thats not that simple ... because with keyless entry and go the ignition will be on when you are inside the car with the key and doors are closed ... so you don´t need a key anyway ... ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Probably not the best icon, but maybe it means power to this outlet is switched with the ignition. I have two outlets in my Escape, one constant and one switched with ignition.
Definitely not the best icon to use. I hope the salesman explains this icon to every buyer as it could be a problem for some people.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Can we at least have a little faith in humanity? I going to believe, even if only for a little while, that people are smart enough to notice once they flip the lid that it is in fact NOT a key hole...

LOL

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I really Jeep is lurking the forum and seeing how bad of an idea this is, but I guess it's what they discovered to be best.
If it was up to me, in small text i'd put "Ignition On"

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was sensitive to it only because MDC thought the power outlet of my day-old Acura was a dime holder. Started it up and "Pow!" :|

I can only imagine what a key would do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.