Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now to be honest I wasn't particularly bothered about a mains output in the car but hey it was part of the option. I'm a tad disappointed that a normal UK plug won't fit.

So mainly for anyone in the UK do you have a normal mains socket or are we expected to put in a euro adaptor?
Jabber60

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I just went out and looked. It is a three pin but not a normal UK 13 amp. It is possible I did not look at the test drive car closely enough.
What is the point of selling that in the UK?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for clarifying its not just me.

Ted, its an option part of Function Pack 1 on the Longitude (and why is it called a Longitude here and a Latitude elsewhere?) and part of Function Pack 2 on the Limited and Trailhawk.

I agree with Syzygy I could bring it up with Jeep but the spec doesn't say a UK outlet but any reasonable person would assume that. A short adaptor lead may be convenient to take the power to the rear of the car anyway.
Jabber60

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks for clarifying its not just me.

Ted, its an option part of Function Pack 1 on the Longitude (and why is it called a Longitude here and a Latitude elsewhere?) and part of Function Pack 2 on the Limited and Trailhawk.

I agree with Syzygy I could bring it up with Jeep but the spec doesn't say a UK outlet but any reasonable person would assume that. A short adaptor lead may be convenient to take the power to the rear of the car anyway.
Jabber60

Ah! thank you. Other than the Command View sunroof I have no other options on mine.
Was thinking though, a travel adapter from Boots should do the trick :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I too have a multi (not UK) socket on my Limited. Jeep agreed to supply an adapter in the end for me.
Apparently Jeep noticed the error during production, but decided NOT to make a change for the UK market.
What I found really funny was the displays Jeep supply the dealers with in the UK, all come with Euro plugs, so they can't plug them in the UK either! LOLz (in a really annoyed way).

·
Registered
7 Posts
So,having read this,I checked mine- a UK RHD "Limited". It has a 230V 150W euro type C socket- bizarre!! How on earth do I adapt THAT to a UK 13A three pin?- I can't find anything.In the interim I've bought an adapter to 12V USB,to at least make this socket useful for charging phones etc......

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
Ha! I love it. Not once in 5 years have I ever flicked that switch to see what was under it. :eek::eek::eek:

Now that you have shown us the picture can you further describe what the plug pin shape is? Some pins are small and circular, or rectangular unlike our UK 240V plugs.

What would that socket be used for has piqued my interest?

It looks very much like a standard "travel" adaptor of the type you buy in the airport could be the correct shape.

Phone recharging for me is via the USB port beside that socket or using the one inside the armrest compartment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep,I can charge my phone from the USB in the arm rest- but when I have something,I have to investigate! Anyway, I got my adaper (pic attached) to USB, and I've sent for a EU plug to figure8 cable from ebay (item number:333867835112)
to power up anything on 230volts (I may take the fig 8 off and put a UK 13A 3pin socket on it). It's just the six sided two round pins plug.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
That looks like a plug that an electric razor uses. Is that a possibility? Not that I use an electric razor :p

The adaptor you have with the black 2 pin plug looks like a standard UK power plug for PCs, Monitors, etc. very intriguing for future use.

So much potential has been released by your post. Many, many thanks (y)(y)(y)

Electric kettle for out fishing after a hard day, OMG, I am salivating at the mouth with better thoughts :D:D

·
Super Moderator
2,238 Posts
It's a standard 2-Pin Euro mains plug and at 150W the inverter can't power much more than a laptop power supply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[Q
Yep,I can charge my phone from the USB in the arm rest- but when I have something,I have to investigate! Anyway, I got my adaper (pic attached) to USB, and I've sent for a EU plug to figure8 cable from ebay (item number:333867835112)
to power up anything on 230volts (I may take the fig 8 off and put a UK 13A 3pin socket on it). It's just the six sided two round pins plug. View attachment 2396349949
did the adaptor work ? what did you manage to power if it did ?

Yep,I can ct4 View attachment 2396349949

·
Super Moderator
2,238 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
to power up anything on 230volts (I may take the fig 8 off and put a UK 13A 3pin socket on it). It's just the six sided two round pins plug. View attachment 2396349949
Have you got a link to the adaptor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts