Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a 75th owner myself I'm very interested in understanding how many 75th's are around in the UK and their specs, so I have created this thread exclusively for discussion of this model.

If you are a fellow 75th owner please introduce yourself here, and share some photos and your spec :). My Jeep is seen in my Garage section and in the Gallery. 2.0 MultiJet II, Black, Manual, 66 plate, black interior.

What we know so far:

8,000 Limited Edition Jeeps were made for the 75th Anniversary for the whole of the Europe, Middle East and Africa market (EMEA) (See: http://www.westovergroup.co.uk/jeep/news/jeep-announces-new-75th-anniversary-range/ ). We have to assume this number is across the entire Jeep Range, I can't find any details for the number of Renegades made for this region. Bearing in mind the scale of this region (Africa 1.1 billion, Europe 739m and 218m Middle East population) it really could be the case, in my best guess, that around 60 vehicles will make it to the UK spread across 3 engine specs, perhaps a few more if sales have been strong in the UK. But there's no reason to suspect that the Renegade wouldn't be highly suitable and popular in mainland Europe, Africa or the Middle East. Perhaps the terrain in some countries is far more suited for a 4x4 Jeep.

On How Many Left (https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=Jeep+Renegade&commit=Search) which is based on official licencing figures, it reports registration in Q2 of:

7 Unleaded 1.4 MultiAir II 170HP 4WD Automatic (I know of 1 Green, black interior)
16 Diesel 2.0 MultiJet II 140HP 4WD Automatic (I know of 1 Green, 2 Black, all black interior)
11 Diesel 2.0 MultiJet II 140HP 4WD Manual (I know of 3 Green, 2x black interior and 1x sandstorm interior, 1 Granite Crystal, black interior and 1 Black, black interior (my one))

What else I know of:

Westaway Northampton had a Granite Crystal showroom one, not sure of plate or type.
At the time I ordered mine around 6 weeks ago the 2.0 manuals at the port were 1 black (my Jeep), 4 granite crystal (all black interior except one sandstorm), 2 white (both black interior). These would be registered in Q3/Q4/2017 figures I suspect.
Of the ones I know of I don't think any have special packs or accessories. My one has rubber mats, mud guards and a limited full size spare wheel.
Fellow forum member Broadsands mentioned recently (around a month ago) no packs could be added because they were all built (and presumably already at the port). So can we conclude no more will be made for UK and dealers will now shift their show cars/testers/port stock of the 75th?

I suspect when the Government release the Q3 licencing figures all will become clearer. I don't expect too many to be registered in Q4 and 2017 but there may be a few. It will be interesting (for me at least!) to find out whats actually around the UK. As the Renegade is a popular 4x4, like the Audi TT was successful as a sports car, rare models should hopefully hold better value in the long run once scarcity is established of the UK spec. I know certain older TT models command significant sums second hand. What should make the 75th popular is the MySky that's exceptionally rare in UK, the bronze alloys, orange styling highlights and the 75th badge of course!

Look forward to meeting fellow 75th UK owners and updating the stats in the months ahead.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 75th is very cool ! I also forgot to mention the other stand out features that it's pretty much the only way to get the higher Limited Spec but with cloth seats, which some find more comfy. Plus the cool looking front grill colour and the tinted windows for the rear passengers. The 75th is certainly a very, very nice edition I can recommend to new buyers. Not to take away from other versions. If the Trailhawk was a little lower priced it would be a worthy model to consider (but no good if you only like Manuals - at least the 75th gets the option of Automatic or Manual in the UK). But with the 75th you're going to be saving money on the price over the Trailhawk. But, let's keep this thread to the 75th discussion.

Go for buying it and join me on here, as I don't expect many UK buyers on here (even though this is the UK thread and thats who I was hoping to meet!). I wonder how many will be made Worldwide, and how many in the states. I haven't got any stats for that, only the EMEA region I covered in the original post. But if we find any more stats we can update them here.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A very warm welcome to our club to David_Terrar ! Nice post today has identified the 2nd of 7 known 1.4 MultiAir II 170HP 4WD manual. A beautiful Jungle Green spec with black interior. Incidentally the 1st known one of the 7 is for sale currently at TH White Motor Group, reported as 5,000 miles, close to David's, and for sale at £23,950.

David is the 2nd UK member, including me!

It would be nice one day to see how many 75th we could get together for a photo shoot Renegade reunion, perhaps meeting up with the 75th's cousins from the other specs.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
David is the 2nd UK member, including me!

It would be nice one day to see how many 75th we could get together for a photo shoot Renegade reunion, perhaps meeting up with the 75th's cousins from the other specs.
Let's just all meet up with our Renegades. The meet sticky is in the UK section.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely, and I responded on that one about the camp site :) If not this year, will be in summer next year for the camping. Just nice to see how many of the 75th's would come together at once, although always interested in any spec. Perhaps next year might even see some Desert Hawks (not too many Deserts in Wales though?!).

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Absolutely, and I responded on that one about the camp site :) If not this year, will be in summer next year for the camping. Just nice to see how many of the 75th's would come together at once, although always interested in any spec. Perhaps next year might even see some Desert Hawks (not too many Deserts in Wales though?!).
More wet places than dry in Wales. We do get some good weather, a couple of days a year. Some lovely views when the weather is good.

Reactions: Jeep Jon

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bit of an update this evening on the 75th Edition. It appears as of today the 75th has been removed from the Jeep website configuration tool. Whether this is a permanent change time will tell, but it could be a sign of a "sell out", hence they want no more enquirers on the model. Interestingly, other models do still have 75th version showing so the removal looks deliberate. This is a bit of an annoyance because I like the configurator to check the specs out.

I also wanted to check with owners, the official web page shows the 75th as having Hill Descent Control http://www.jeep.co.uk/renegade/renegade-75-anniversary/ . Now this is usually activated by a push button on the 4WD lock. But I don't have that on my manual version, unless it's somewhere else? Do the automatic owners only get this? Does anyone have this who has the 75th?

I'm still learning all the features near 2 weeks on... this Jeep is the gift that keeps on giving!

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Jeep Jon - thanks for the kind words. So just to reiterate, my 75th Anniversary is a Jungle Green, 1.4 MulitAir II, Auto with Black interior. I prefer the cloth to leather and so it was one of the reasons I liked the particular combination of the 75th's cool features over a standard model and paying for options. Inclusion of the MySky roof was a big factor. However the most important difference for me was the bronze grill and bronze alloy wheels. They mark out our versions as different, and I definitely prefer them to silver or black.

Actually the first Renegade I sat in was at my closest Jeep dealer in St Albans, Glyn Hopkins. That was/is a Jungle Green 75th, 2.0 Diesel, manual with black interior - so there is another from the list. I wasn't sure about that dealer so had a look at Palmers Hemel, and stepped inside what is now my Renegade.

One amusing thing about the dealer - none of the sales guys realised the MySky was the electric version even though they had been showing it to people for weeks. I'd been in a few times and had my test drive and done my research. When I went in to do negotiate my deal I told them, they said no it isn't.. we went over to the beast, pressed the button that had been staring them in the face - they were blown away!

I wanted the Auto - have done serious off roading with an auto Toyota Colorado Landcruiser 3.0 Diesel. It's a different 4x4 driving technique compared to manual, but just as valid - really not sure about these people who turn their nose up at you when you haven't got manual on your 4x4. Looking forward to getting mine muddy some time soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Jeep Jon - On Hill Descent Control (HDC)... First, my automatic doesn't have the button either. The 75th Anniversary hard copy brochure I have lists under capabilities: Active Drive, Active Drive Low and Selec-Terrain System. In the Renegade hard copy brochure I have, in the specification section under Safety & Security it lists HDC as only being available on Limited and Trailhawk. There's an asterisk against Limited which then says 2.0 Multijet II 140hp 4WD Auto Low Limited only. Looking on the main US Jeep website it doesn't properly explain which models have HDC, although the way it's positioned implies that it's only on the Active Drive Low models. It's definitely there on the 75th Anniversary page on the website, but I guess we don't have it. And I don't know of any 75th Anniversary models with Active Drive Low...

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Hoping I can join the 75th club - interesting to hear that the 75th has been removed from the Jeep configurator though...!
Do Jeep dealers know what others have in stock? I'm in Wales and my nearest dealer is Cardiff. Now suppose I want a 75th Anniversary Renegade and Cardiff haven't got one. Are they able to source one from another dealer in Britain? I am taking mine in on Wednesday for its 12 month service, so I can ask if they can source models from other dealers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's gone now - and MySky is back as an option but it's dearer than the glass panoramic roof which is surprising? Also the cheaper function pack has gone and the only option if you want electric folding mirrors is now £500!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@kevinfourlegs I believe the dealers do all sell to each other as when I picked up mine there was one of the "sold out" Dawn of Justice in the car park and they said "that's going to another dealer because they can't get the stock".

@Broadsands very odd experience with the configurator tool. I checked again today and it's definitely not on again tonight. Perhaps they are only putting it up based on what's actually available, but seems odd! The best thing to do is ask your dealer what specs are in stock, and go from there. But I would be pretty quick before all the new ones go as it was a limited edition with so few expected to make it to the UK. In the end you may be limited in choice (no pun intended). I'd be interested to know what they tell you is in stock? My dealer sent me a screen shot of what was in stock at the time I got mine in manual (as I was only interested in manual) and would be interested to know if that's gone up or down in numbers. Which model is the MySky an option on? I could only see it on 75th when I bought mine (as standard fitting). If I didn't get MySky I wanted the panoramic sunroof on longitude (because I didn't like the Limited seats at all). Perhaps they are introducing MySky for late 2016/17 UK models.

@david_terrar the HDC seems a complete mis-sell and disappointed in Jeep for that. Luckily it's a feature we wouldn't often use but for serious off roading it would be a nice to have. Not disappointed with the 75th spec by any means, but seems very shoddy marketing. Although I noticed a few errors in their manual, and also that no instructions are in the manual on how to put the MySky back in (but there is to "take out"!). So their attention to detail is good in design, bad on marketing and proof reading! We certainly don't get the Active Drive Low either... I don't think we miss out on much though, I just use 1st gear and drive slow :) On a serious note, I'd be interested in what Jeep's official statement is on this mis-selling, marketing via heavy sell online and in brochures features that are not available on the model (unless I'm totally missing something here).

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The hill descent control is brilliant. I used it in a 4x4 Renegade and it was kinda strange with the Renegade driving itself going downhill.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick update on my Jeep. Just reached the 1,000 mile mark after just over 3 weeks. No new issues to report. Went for its second valet at a local car wash today. I was a bit wary of this as they use power tools, and the manual says to use hand washing only (but is this just Jeep being over cautious on their paint warranty etc)? Felt a bit sorry as in the morning read an article on the BBC that a Waves car wash in Tesco was shut as they paid staff around half the minimum wage. No doubt the car wash I used has similar poor practices. I don't know, but I also know I'm not forcing them. So, for £14 I got a very decent wash inside and out. I think the cleaners really enjoyed working on it, kept pointing to the Jeep logo on boot and noticed the 75th anniversary Willys Jeep logo badge. Definitely liked watching it drive out the car park, and I give them a bit of a show with the MySky power roof. The car washer was a little confused what the Jeep bag in the boot was and just ended up tapping it instead of hoovering it! (probably didn't want to break anything - didn't have time to explain that's where the roof fits!). If I spoke Latvian I would have known their comments, but you can just tell with the Jeep they appreciated it. If any workers by any chance read this I certainly thank them for leaving my Jeep in a really nice state and getting off all that mud from the off-road trip. Now just to add new fresh mud :)

In other news the 75th is still off the configurator in UK.

And in the USA one driver reported that a Orange 75th exists (4 of them in 4x4 spec). I am skeptical of this urban legend until I see proof. Though I wouldn't put anything past Jeep with their ability to create and amend specs at will. Sounds a bit like a holy grail of a renegade model.

Still looking forward to the Q3 registration figures for UK, no news yet from the Government on this.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts