21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I don't think those rims go with the orange paintwork.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Personally I liked the combo and think it is not too contrasting, in an offensive to the eye way, to switch from orange paint to bronze wheels and highlights. Reminds me of how Dawn of Justice can be totally black throughout the design - badges, logos, body, wheels. This Jeep looks pretty much orange all over (Thanks to orange Jeep badging).

·
Registered
77 Posts
The 75th is still off the configurator and the MySky is available on the Limited and Trailhawk as an option. My nearest dealer has a jungle green 75th in stock which I am hoping to go and see tomorrow but would probably go for a granite crystal at time of purchase - they've offered me a 75th with just over £5,000 off list which makes it £228 a month on PCP if I also put £3,500 down. Does this seem like a good deal?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't think those rims go with the orange paintwork.
My wife and I thought the exact same thing initially, but we completely changed our minds when we saw it in person. Neither of us are huge fans of orange cars, but we did feel that the bronze colors actually looked great with this color. I thought it would "blend" too much if that makes sense, but it actually worked well. If anything, it made the bronze accents look a little darker which I liked.

I should have taken some pictures in person of the car, because the dealer's images leave something to be desired. For the record, any prospective buyers that are interested in that one, I think it can be had for right around $24,000 with the 0% offered by Jeep based on the conversation I had with the rep. It was my backup plan, but everything worked out for me, so If anyone is interested, I live by the Milwaukee airport and would be willing to help them out with delivery.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally I liked the combo and think it is not too contrasting, in an offensive to the eye way, to switch from orange paint to bronze wheels and highlights. Reminds me of how Dawn of Justice can be totally black throughout the design - badges, logos, body, wheels. This Jeep looks pretty much orange all over (Thanks to orange Jeep badging).
You nailed it, Jon. Look at any silver car with a gunmetal colored wheel. It's very similar to that in terms of contrast; more of an accent than anything. Seriously, if I hadn't got the deal I got with the Jungle Green, I would HAPPILY be driving this one today.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
The 75th is still off the configurator and the MySky is available on the Limited and Trailhawk as an option. My nearest dealer has a jungle green 75th in stock which I am hoping to go and see tomorrow but would probably go for a granite crystal at time of purchase - they've offered me a 75th with just over £5,000 off list which makes it £228 a month on PCP if I also put £3,500 down. Does this seem like a good deal?
Just responded to this question on the other post. Depends if you really want to hire the vehicle via PCP or actually own the vehicle via HP. It's a good deal if you can stick to the 8,000 mile limit and thats enough for you, and you dont mind handing it in at the end of the plan (which may be harder than you realise, unless you can find a huge sum at the end of the deal). Personally , I always go Hire Purchase and would never consider PCP. With your deposit I'd aim for <£350 a month over 5 years for the 75th. And try and get freebies thrown in like a full size spare wheel and mudflaps. Even if you want all the boot space, you can leave the roof bag and wheel in the garage.

I like the MySky because I got this for free with the 75th (standard build), if I was getting a Limited / Trailhawk I would go for the panoramic sunrooof, especially if it's cheaper, as obviously that would give a similar effect but be fully automatic. Where as with MySky the front panel only is fully automatic. But MySky gives flexibility - you could open just the back, front, or both. And there's something satisfying about taking the actual roof off by hand and storing it in the boot (especially if putting on a show for others in a crowded car park). It's the Jeep unique selling point, the MySky.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just responded to this question on the other post. Depends if you really want to hire the vehicle via PCP or actually own the vehicle via HP. It's a good deal if you can stick to the 8,000 mile limit and thats enough for you, and you dont mind handing it in at the end of the plan (which may be harder than you realise, unless you can find a huge sum at the end of the deal). Personally , I always go Hire Purchase and would never consider PCP. With your deposit I'd aim for <£350 a month over 5 years for the 75th. And try and get freebies thrown in like a full size spare wheel and mudflaps. Even if you want all the boot space, you can leave the roof bag and wheel in the garage.

I like the MySky because I got this for free with the 75th (standard build), if I was getting a Limited / Trailhawk I would go for the panoramic sunrooof, especially if it's cheaper, as obviously that would give a similar effect but be fully automatic. Where as with MySky the front panel only is fully automatic. But MySky gives flexibility - you could open just the back, front, or both. And there's something satisfying about taking the actual roof off by hand and storing it in the boot (especially if putting on a show for others in a crowded car park). It's the Jeep unique selling point, the MySky.
So you can remove the back panel and leave the front in position? Does the front still work electrically then?

As per my other quote on the other 75th thread - I looked at the 75th today and love it. The bronze accents work well, the wheels look great and I think I prefer the fabric seats to the leather. Actually quite like the green frog look too!

Thing is with the PCP is that the whole point is not wanting to have MOTs/garage bills so the plan would be to trade it in at the end of the PCP term for a new one. If I purchased outright the amount of depreciation would mean being no better off in 3 or 4 years anyway I would think? The optional final payment is £10,389 so paying the PCP each month and then having the option to pay £10,389 to own it in 4 years (if I did love it that much) would surely be little different to paying a more expensive loan payment each month and it being worth so much less at the end of the loan anyway?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I haven't actually tried removing just the back but see no reason why not. Let alone back out with front in and electronic, so cant answer that specific question right now until I try that. Think it should work like that.

I think the figures could be quite a difference if you ending up wanting to buy. Over 3 years you might save £4,500 (but effectively lose all your deposit too, although you may gain some equity at end). But then if you want to get the rest in 2 years and it's £10,389, £432 a month, plus interest. I cant see you wanting to stretch out the 10k over 3<5 years, because of depreciation and compound interest charges, I think 5 years is a good time to finish payments. I just like certainty of buying the asset and knowing I'll own it outright and owe 0. But pcp is by far the more popular deal I understand (wonder if manufacturers and dealers push this because its better for them?). Whatever your comfortable with, and if its in budget, go for that.

The only thing with trade in is you wouldn't get a new 75th again. And if you really wanted to keep it, 10k could potentially be a lot for a bank to loan, theres always a risk of not being able to raise it when you need it. Jeep finance is around 4%, but banks could want 15% or so. Far better the Jeep finance interest rates.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't see me wanting to keep it at the end of the PCP as that kinda defeats the reason for doing it in the first place - i.e. budgeting one monthly payment and not having the additional worry of repair bills etc. I guess there is possibly more likelihood of wanting to keep a 75th anniversary than a standard Limited though because it genuinely is "limited" whereas ironically the Limited isn't!

One of my mates makes his PCP work for him by paying £1,000 chunks off of it on a 0% credit card, then paying the card off before the 0% deal ends - seems a bit of a hassle though!

The 75th Grand Cherokee the dealer had was nice by the way!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
You might change your mind after owning a 75th. To hand it in would be to end a loving relationship lol. Definitely want to keep my 75th, even if it's on sorn, but I hope I can always afford the maintenance. I have a lot of time and priority for the Jeep...!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
In years to come, the Renegade 75th Anniversary edition could become sought after.

Reactions: Jeep Jon

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My suspicion is it could be sought after (I'm 50/50 on this until we start seeing confirmation of that in many years to come) because it's one of the higher spec special editions. We just won't know how many have sold for a few more months yet, but it could be considerably lower than the other special editions. I just don't know whether it will be 50 sold, 150, 250 or 500. If I had to guess I'd guess <150 sold, but wouldn't be surprised if it's considerably lower, or higher.

What I find interesting is the special editions in the lower specs sold out really well for Jeep (hence why the 75th could have sold well, and be higher sales than I may imagine). e.g. Night Eagle sold 270 in just 6 months, out of the 350 limit. And Dawn of Justice sold 340 of the 500 limit over the same period. I think DoJ sold out now, but we won't know until the Q3 figures come out. I think Jeep will be happy with that sales performance just on the special editions, let alone their regular sales.

The main thing in collectors values is does the vehicle become an icon. There are not many 4x4 icons (Landrover Defender springs to mind) v sports cars, but it's just possible people will catch on to how revolutionary the Renegade was for the 4x4 market. The other factors being how many fans there are for the vehicle and brand, and clearly there are a lot of fans/enthusiasts here!

On the other hand, there's been loads of special editions in the past that just are not sought after with no demand. But their brands aren't iconic nor are there enthusiasts. I'm also conscious worldwide production of the 75th is pretty high really, so quite a bit of worldwide supply (especially in USA), albeit the UK version supply should be limited (and people in UK only really care about the RHD vehicles).

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
A 1983 Toyota Land Cruiser is sought after in the US. They are worth $56,00 now. Ok, I know the US ain't the UK, but I didn't know they were so valuable. The Land Rover is an iconic vehicle in the UK, like Jeep in the US.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I was surprised, in general, models like the Freelander don't hold their value, but if you get a Defender, models from 1985 are selling over £8k. I imagine back in 1985 the original cost price was somewhat cheaper compared to recent models, so it probably held value quite well, even though inflation would have chipped away at the value massively! But 8k is still better than a few hundred, which is what some 10 odd years old models sell for, and most vehicles from 1985. Land Rover's top end models sold to Chelsea mums also don't do half bad in holding their value, time will tell if in 30 more years they're still worth anything like the 80k list price for their special editions.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I was surprised, in general, models like the Freelander don't hold their value, but if you get a Defender, models from 1985 are selling over £8k. I imagine back in 1985 the original cost price was somewhat cheaper compared to recent models, so it probably held value quite well, even though inflation would have chipped away at the value massively! But 8k is still better than a few hundred, which is what some 10 odd years old models sell for, and most vehicles from 1985. Land Rover's top end models sold to Chelsea mums also don't do half bad in holding their value, time will tell if in 30 more years they're still worth anything like the 80k list price for their special editions.

Freelanders and the Discovery are related but worthless. Who wants a big V8 Discovery unless it runs on LPG? A neighbour of mine ran a 4.0 V8 Range Rover simply because it was LPG converted. Start up and run it for a minute on petrol then switch to gas for double the mpg and let's face it, a V8 Range Rover needs all the help it can get with the mpg! I would like a V8 Cherokee from the 1970s, but that is for another time.

Reactions: Jeep Jon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another new 75th owner - 1.4T 170hp with 9-speed auto, in Jungle Green. It's a great colour - it's what really sold it to my better half! I don't usually name cars, but I'm tempted to call this one Sherman >:D

I bought it straight from the showroom (the only extra I ordered being a full-size spare wheel), but if I was specifying a Limited, I would vary the spec:

I really would like front parking sensors and a rear-view camera, and don't need the heated seats and steering wheel. I would also prefer the glass sunroof, as the main benefit of a sunroof for me is to bring more light into the cabin - I don't often open them.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts