Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Question for UK owners. Does anyone know what type of plug to use in the power outlet on the rear of the centre console? I was expecting it to be three pin but looks like two?
Thanks
Rear on centre console ?? Haven't got one on my Reny and never seen one ..

Picture ??

· Registered
112 Posts
Believe that I saw it as an extra on a pack.
I chose not not to spec it on mine. Suspect it is useful if you carry folks in the back.
Yes ... I'm thinking of putting a USB port there ... there's one inside the arm armrest but it would be nice for those in the back to connect their phones or tabs ..

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried a euro adaptor too and it didn't fit can't get the two pins close enough due to the diamond shape slot in the outlet. On another thread someone said that jeep realised they'd made an error with the U.K. Market outlet during production but decided not to do anything about it! Unbelievable. Wouldn't mind so much if an standard adaptor could be used but I've searched online for one that could fit and haven't found anything! Useless. Going to call a dealer.

· Registered
261 Posts
I'm at the dealer next week getting some damaged window trim replaced, so will ask them to source an adaptor to make the power socket useable and if this not possible raise the issue with jeep hq .

· Registered
112 Posts
I'm at the dealer next week getting some damaged window trim replaced, so will ask them to source an adaptor to make the power socket useable and if this not possible raise the issue with jeep hq .
Have you a picture ? I might be able to help you ...

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spoke to a dealer and they said go to PC World or Maplin (in UK) thats where other customers got adapters apparently however I have looked online in these stores and nothing that looks like it'll fit. In fact I've looked all over the web and the only thing I could find was this on amazon (also on ebay) so I ordered it

Attachments

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the outlet at the back of the centre console, as you can see the shape doesnt match the adapter (pic I posted above). I have tried it and it seems to fit to an extent although it won't push right the way in to the socket haven't tried powering anything yet but will post when I try.

Hmmmm

Attachments

· Registered
76 Posts
This is the outlet at the back of the centre console, as you can see the shape doesnt match the adapter (pic I posted above). I have tried it and it seems to fit to an extent although it won't push right the way in to the socket haven't tried powering anything yet but will post when I try.

Hmmmm
That is a Switzerland 2 pin socket.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I contacted jeep Cust care online and spoke with them today. They said take it to the dealer and if they can't resolve to come back then and they'll escalate. Have a feeling that won't go anywhere! I'll speak to the dealer when I take it in for the door rattle.

Anyone else had any luck?!

· Registered
261 Posts
Seems its a Europlug CEE 7/16 (type C) 2-pin non earthed, 2.5amp...used in most of Europe but not the UK. Strange thing is I have an adapter that fits, but I cannot find a similar product on amazon or e-bay....easy to find Europlug CEE 7/16 to UK 3 pin but not the other way round. I cannot recall exactly where I bought my adapter (pic in previous post). Am in dealer tomorrow so will innocently ask if they can supply me with an adapter and see what they say and report back.
From the world standards.eu site

Type C is probably the single most widely used international plug. This two-wire plug is ungrounded and has two round prongs. It is popularly known as the Europlug which is described in CEE 7/16. The plug has two 4 mm round pins, measuring 19 mm in length on centres spaced 18.6 mm apart at the base and 17.5 mm apart at the tip. The two pins have 10 mm long insulated sleeves. They converge slightly, but they are relatively flexible which allows the plug to mate with any socket that accepts 4.0 – 4.8 mm round contacts on 17.5 – 19 mm centres. The plug is generally limited for use in class II applications that require 2.5 amps or less.

· Registered
261 Posts
Just for reference, my center console plug looks like this. I live in Greece and the plug's type is exactly what we use here.

Attachments

· Registered
261 Posts
It's not just you. There must be a problem with the forum.

· Registered
82 Posts
I bought a multi adaptor in Cyprus which fits ok but by the time you plug that in and then your device its sticking out miles which makes it top heavy so unplugs itself!

Should have a free UK part fitted at 1st service

Are they still coming out of the factory even though they know they have made a mistake?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.