Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's some news! They have released Renegade pricing in the UK along with official specs. Here's one article I have found, but there are more.

jeep-renegade-priced-from-16995

One thing that I don't find very promising is the vast difference between the base model price and the TrailHawk price which is right around 11k pounds.

If the American Renegade TrailHawk starts a thousand less than the Cherokee TrailHawk, I'm not sure what I'll buy.

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured everyone would click straight through to the good stuff!

I tried converting to USD to figure out the spread between the base and the TrailHawk and that was of no use. There's a $17k (USD) difference between the base and TrailHawk UK prices.

I'm sure someone better at deciphering UK prices and how they correlate to US prices will come along shortly. I was just trying to get an idea of what they will cost here in the US.

Either way, news is good. More news!

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's market pricing and tax issues rolled up in there. Historically, change the pound sign to a dollar sign and you are usually within a few thousand on the price.
Well I hope the base TrailHawk is a couple thousand less than the UK price!! I'd like to fit some leather, navigation, and upgraded sound in there before I pop the $30k mark!:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info! I've been calling the Trailhawk at $24,995 for US (just my speculation), based off the UK pricing that sounds about right. I think if they went any higher it would cannibalize sales of the Cherokee TH.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Omg what?

Just like with the cherokee jeep are pricing themselves right out of the mainstream market. The Trailhawk is the model everyone wants, but 28000£ is a joke. You can get larger , more powerful and smarter SUVs for that; how about a top-spec Mazda CX-5, a Range Rover Evoque, Mercedes GLA, BMW X1, top-spec 7seat Nissan X-Trail, an L&K spec Skoda Yeti and a few thousand pound change, 2 Dacia Dusters, or most interestingly of all, even a mid range Cherokee! I think the Renegade is awesome, but Jeep need to remember it's a small FIAT Punto- based subcompact crossover and price it accordingly. People buy small SUVs because they can't afford big ones.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
IMO, the Renegade TH will need to be 25k US or under out the door, before I'll consider it. Too many other small utes out there that while they may not perform off-road as well, will be much more pleasant to drive around town and highway and better built given the recent releases of the Fiat brand, Patriot, Compass etc.

My excitement is waning.

·
Registered
318 Posts
... Too many other small utes out there that while they may not perform off-road as well, will be much more pleasant to drive around town and highway and better built given the recent releases of the Fiat brand, Patriot, Compass etc.

My excitement is waning.
You just don´t know anything about that Car Dude ... :x;):D>:D

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You just don´t know anything about that Car Dude ... :x;):D>:D
Hi ManEater, since pazzo is a newbie may have no clue you already own the Renegade, maybe a more complete answer would be nicer instead of a snide remark.

Maybe you could be more helpful by addressing his concerns, sharing your experiences, like how you find the ride "around town and highway"

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.