Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, I took one out. It seemed really good value. £399 for 3 years - same price as for the Fiat 500.
Services at main dealers are expensive and so this was a good option for me. Especially as it is valid at any dealer so it won't matter if I move.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Anyone taken one out? Cost per month?
How does this compare with actual cost of services etc??
Cheers
I was given 3 years service by my dealer as part of the deal along with floor mats but would have taken the service option anyway if not offered :)

Also I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I also got a loyalty bonus from fiat of 1000 quid because we also have a fiat 500 (slightly off topic)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was given 3 years service by my dealer as part of the deal along with floor mats but would have taken the service option anyway if not offered :)

Also I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I also got a loyalty bonus from fiat of 1000 quid because we also have a fiat 500 (slightly off topic)
I also took out the service plan, think it's a no brainer if you intend to keep the car for 3 years+. On top of the £1000 dealer contribution I got an additional £500 loyalty bonus as I traded in my Alfa Giulietta.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, I took one out. It seemed really good value. £399 for 3 years - same price as for the Fiat 500.
Services at main dealers are expensive and so this was a good option for me. Especially as it is valid at any dealer so it won't matter if I move.
I have this too.
Did you receive confirmation by letter or is it just entered on Jeep computer system by car reg number?
I haven't had anything in the post confirming mine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah £399 seemed really good value, when we traded in our old car I was sorting all the old paperwork I noticed last years receipt for a 2nd service, £320 ouch, they didn't even change the spark plugs, just checked them!!

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
My local Jeep dealer labour rate is £120 (inc. VAT) per hour. You can see why it costs so much to service your car these days.
That's cheap. Trainers BMW, Swansea were charging £110 hour + vat ten years ago. BMW London were either £130 or £140 hour + vat at the same period. I know as I was at Prestige Autos and a guy came in with a BMW 750iL and it needed a new water pump. Trainers quoted him ten hours labour at £110 per hour + vat and a water pump. I did it and it didn't take ten hours, but as BMW quote ten hours, ten hours the customer is charged. Same when I worked for Renault. Sorry for the slight hijack:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
U.K. Service plan

I just bought a new Renegade 2.0 diesel 4x4 Ltd and was offered a service plan for £19.99pm with Lookers in Cardiff which covers parts and labour.
I asked for the service price list and this was what I got told.
Service 1= £84
Service 2 = £309.17
Service 3 = £246
Service 4 = £321.17
So no cheaper on the plan but spreads the costs so no big shocks.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I just bought a new Renegade 2.0 diesel 4x4 Ltd and was offered a service plan for £19.99pm with Lookers in Cardiff which covers parts and labour.
I asked for the service price list and this was what I got told.
Service 1= £84
Service 2 = £309.17
Service 3 = £246
Service 4 = £321.17
So no cheaper on the plan but spreads the costs so no big shocks.
What do you get for 1,2,3 and 4?

£19.99 x36 months = £720.00

that is mental.

I would go to another dealer.

The official Jeep price for three years servicing is £399.00

·
Registered
82 Posts
The dealer tried selling me gap insurance and everything including a kitchen sink but never mentioned the £399 service plan....

It was only because I had researched it that I knew .....as soon as I mentioned the plan it was 'oh yes a good idea will save you a fortune'.

Was quite surprised as otherwise a brilliant dealer - Palmers in Hemel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll check that out as was not offered the Jeep deal, haven't paid anything yet so still got time.

Hi Bertie, I have the very same model also bought from Lookers in Cardiff. I opened this thread as I was in exactly the same dilemma. Not offered the jeep deal but the lookers deal. As yet, I've taken out neither. I was also told that the jeep deal, whilst three years cover only actually included two services as the third would be outside of the cover period.

More detail from anyone please!!

Thanks

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.