Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I've just ordered my Jeep Renegade (Automatic) and apparently the dealership found one that was already at 'Build Stage 16' when I placed my order... Does anyone have any idea what that stage is in real terms?? And roughly how long that may mean I have until it's delivered please?? In comparison to other vehicles at that stage. It is just a standard Longitude 1.4 Automatic in black. No added extras.

Also, is there any way of me tracking the build at all?? That would be great. I see they have the option to in USA but I can't find anything for here in the UK!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
The waiting time can take up to 3-4 months, depending on model and options etc. I was lucky as I had about a month wait. I have had mine since September 2015. I got 1.4 Longitude MT6 totally standard. Also the dealers cannot get them fast enough. The demand has exceeded expectations. As you have ordered a standard Longitude with automatic transmission and no options, you may well have yours in a lot less than the 3-4 months. Your supplying dealer should be able to give you an idea.

·
Registered
236 Posts
11 weeks build time back in May for Longitude, 4x4, manual, sunroof, tow hitch.
I got mine without extra Moths but now I've got 3 million.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi! I've just ordered my Jeep Renegade (Automatic) and apparently the dealership found one that was already at 'Build Stage 16' when I placed my order... Does anyone have any idea what that stage is in real terms?? And roughly how long that may mean I have until it's delivered please?? In comparison to other vehicles at that stage. It is just a standard Longitude 1.4 Automatic in black. No added extras.

Also, is there any way of me tracking the build at all?? That would be great. I see they have the option to in USA but I can't find anything for here in the UK!

Thanks
In the UK they use the Fiat ****s which are as follows (cut and paste from a fiat forum)

10: Heavy Variability, Confirmed Order. Fiat has your order but it can still be changed

13: Light Variability, Confirmed Order. This is the point where only limited changes to your order can now happen.

16: Fixed, Confirmed Order. your order is now fixed and can no longer be changed with regards factory spec.

20: Built, Fairly self explanatory.

30: Shipment, At dock waiting to get on a boat.

35: Transit, On the water bobbing along to the UK

40: Arrived, At the docks in good old Blighty

45: Ready, Car is waiting for collection by transport company.

50: With Delivery Instruction, Delivery instruction has been sent to transport company.

55: Goods Out, Car is on a transporter on its way to your dealer

60: Arrival at Dealership, Yay! From Status 60 till you pick up your car is now dependent on what dealership options you have, how efficient your dealer is and when you want to pick it up.

Once it gets from 30 to 35, shipping from Salerno it take about 5 days to get to Portbury docks depending on the stops the Grimaldi Line vessel makes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any update?

Thanks
Any update from your dealer yet?

Ours said our two cars were still being built on Monday, I suspect with the function pack we added as it started being built the week before and takes about a week from what I have read.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Stage 40 to 60 was about 3 weeks for me (doing the UK final checks near port, adding it to a transporter, arriving at Jeep dealership). I guess the shipping to stage 40 could take the time, perhaps adds at least 4 weeks as boats are slow. As mentioned earlier, the dealer should have an idea.

I have noticed a common theme though - when the dealer says 2 weeks, they usually mean 4 weeks :). But it will arrive, and it'll be worth it when it does... Just collected mine today and a fantastic buy you won't regret.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.