Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a FWD Renegade yesterday and was shocked to find out that I qualified for, and got the Unlimited warranty, that's right, unlimited miles, unlimited years. Covers pretty much everything, including free small dent repair and windshield repair. Anybody else aware of this? That's some serious piece of mind right there. From what I've been reading on some posts, I may need it so will see how it goes. Drives great, wife loves it, happy so far.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Be sure to read the fine print. We bought a 2008 Patriot and at the time Jeep had "lifetime" warranties at no extra cost. They required a 5 year inspection to maintain it. We had the car serviced at 58 months and were told it was too early to do the 5 year. Brought it back in at 62 months and were told it had now lapsed. Needless to say that particular dealership sees none of our business at this point. If they have any such requirements I would mark them on the calendar. Knock on wood we've never needed it, but it irks me that it's gone nonetheless.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just bought a FWD Renegade yesterday and was shocked to find out that I qualified for, and got the Unlimited warranty, that's right, unlimited miles, unlimited years. Covers pretty much everything, including free small dent repair and windshield repair. Anybody else aware of this? That's some serious piece of mind right there. From what I've been reading on some posts, I may need it so will see how it goes. Drives great, wife loves it, happy so far.
How much was it? And how does one "qualify"?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've got the MOPAR Maximum Care Lifetime w/ $100 deductible on mine. I don't believe it covers dents though. Please share the details of this warranty - is it a third party service plan or one from Chrysler?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be sure to read the fine print. We bought a 2008 Patriot and at the time Jeep had "lifetime" warranties at no extra cost. They required a 5 year inspection to maintain it. We had the car serviced at 58 months and were told it was too early to do the 5 year. Brought it back in at 62 months and were told it had now lapsed. Needless to say that particular dealership sees none of our business at this point. If they have any such requirements I would mark them on the calendar. Knock on wood we've never needed it, but it irks me that it's gone nonetheless.
Thanks for pointing that out I'll make sure to read all through the fine print.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got the MOPAR Maximum Care Lifetime w/ $100 deductible on mine. I don't believe it covers dents though. Please share the details of this warranty - is it a third party service plan or one from Chrysler?
I believe I have the same as you, it's through Chrysler. The dent part I'm not sure I'll have to look it up. The $100.00 deductible only applies if you go to a dealer other than the one you bought it at. At least that's my understanding.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I believe I have the same as you, it's through Chrysler. The dent part I'm not sure I'll have to look it up. The $100.00 deductible only applies if you go to a dealer other than the one you bought it at. At least that's my understanding.

You might have a combination of service plans. I believe I can get a pointless dent repair and glass plan as an extra contract.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much was it? And how does one "qualify"?
The dealer made it sound as though you had to have a certain credit rating, but I find that hard to believe, you know how salesman are, as long as your paying for it I'm pretty sure anybody can get it. It added about 17 dollars a month, but totally worth it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The dealer made it sound as though you had to have a certain credit rating, but I find that hard to believe, you know how salesman are, as long as your paying for it I'm pretty sure anybody can get it. It added about 17 dollars a month, but totally worth it.
Ok... thanks. My plans has been to lease mine on a 15k a year lease for three years, but the payment would be a lot less with a 60 month lease so maybe I go that route if I have warranty coverage throughout for a reasonable rate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok... thanks. My plans has been to lease mine on a 15k a year lease for three years, but the payment would be a lot less with a 60 month lease so maybe I go that route if I have warranty coverage throughout for a reasonable rate.
Well your good to go then, it comes with a 3 year bumper to bumper, 5 year 100k drive train standard warranty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow sweet - I didn't get that deal - also jealous you had the opportunity to get a manual. Not one I could find out my way.

Here's a link to a forum post where you can download printed copies of the user manual, Uconnect manual, and User Guide:

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...-literature/11970-renegade-owners-manual.html

Here is a direct link to Chrysler Self-Service where you can order a free printed manual and other glove box materials directly from them (warranty info, etc). I ordered the first business day after I bought my Trailhawk, and Chrysler had the materials delivered via UPS within 3 days, 100% free of charge.

http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/chrysler/printManual.html

I did both, but I found the materials from Chrysler the most useful because I personally like to keep the full user manual (which is fairly thick compared to the user guide) right in the glove box. Also, the downloaded version is for the Uconnect 6.5--if you have the 5.0, you'll be able to specify that when you order the printed version with your VIN.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Whoa, 60 month lease? Unless the terms were really really ridiculously favorable, I don't think that would be a good idea! You might as well buy it instead.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Whoa, 60 month lease? Unless the terms were really really ridiculously favorable, I don't think that would be a good idea! You might as well buy it instead.
That was my initial thought when I heard 60 months, but actually, it is through my local credit union and is actually quite favorable with an early-out clause. Still have a while to decide. Just entered JB status.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Problem with unlimited or extended warranties is that if you dont plan to keep the car long enough for the extended warranty to cover its own cost in repairs you're simply throwing away money...
Agreed. For someone who trades their car in before the basic warranty is up, there is absolutely no reason to get the extended warranty. On the other hand, something like MOPAR Max Care is transferrable, so that could help in resale value, but I highly doubt you'd get your initial investment back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.