Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning it was 6 below zero F. I remotely started my 2016 TH (70,000 miles, automatic transmission) to let it warm up for about 5 minutes before I got into it. I noticed an amber warning light lit just above the P. It looks similar to the transmission over temperature warning light. It was a gear symbol with a small flat rectangle box at the top and an exclamation mark in the center. (It didn't have the combination thermometer/exclamation mark like the transmission over temperature warning light) Is this a "service transmission" symbol? There was no other message displayed with this. I cannot find it in the owners manual. It disappeared after 15 minutes of driving and it drove normal with no issues. Just wondering what the symbol may mean and why Jeep doesn't show this in a manual. It's a gear symbol. Shouldn't that be important enough to make the list in the manual.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Whenever possible, if you see something that you aren't sure of or don't recognize, take a pic.

We can do sooo much more with a pic.

Do you see it listed here?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the replies.This is the symbol I saw in the photo I've attached. It's from someone questioning what they saw in their 2014 Fiat500. Notice the little square box at the top of the gear. That's what I saw above my Park symbol. I think it means Automatic Gearbox Warning. Next time, if it pops up, I'm definitely taking a picture. It only gets below zero degrees a few times a year where I live in NH. Maybe fluid was moving too slow at startup. Any ideas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
That symbol indicates that you have an issue with an exterior bulb. Note that the symbol is identical to the headlight symbol on your headlight switch except it has the exclamation point inside.

This should be in your Users Guide in the "Yellow Indicator Lights" section:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It turns out I have 1 of the 2 license plate light bulbs are failed. The warning icon displays every time I start the vehicle (light switch in AUTO mode) and stays on about 15 minutes. The Icon is not listed in my owners manual with any of the yellow warning light explanations. It's partly my fault for not knowing by now after 40 years of driving that this basic symbol, like the low tire pressure warning, is probably universal and needs no explanation. lol Thanks for all your input folks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Whenever possible, if you see something that you aren't sure of or don't recognize, take a pic.

We can do sooo much more with a pic.

Do you see it listed here?

View attachment 2396348049
Thanks for posting this but...just today I had a light come on three times on my 18 mile commute home. It's not on the chart.

My Rennie is a 2015. Today, the Uconnect stopped recognizing my flash drive was in the USB port. Also, the radio simply turned of its own. Then, on the commute the light came on and once, when it did, my radio just turned off on its own.

I will take a pic of the light tomorrow if it comes on. When I saw it I thought radiator. It appeared to look like a radiator fan-thingy with an exclamation point after it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posting a picture of it would be great. I definitely have one of my two license plate bulbs out intermittently. When the bulb out indicator light comes on above the P an accompanying message in the dash center does briefly display for a few seconds telling what bulb is out. After the message goes away and the bulb out indicator still on away I discovered I can scroll down the dash menu with my left steering wheel buttons to a message menu telling me that particular bulb is out. I would suggest you too try scrolling to a message in the dash center with the up/down buttons on the steering wheel the next time the "radiator fan-thingy with an exclamation point after it" turns on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check out a past post from our forum site and a 50 second YouTube clip. It may be helpful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts