Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last week I purchased door lock covers or you can call them door lock trim protectors. I didn’t really need them. I don’t think anyone will noticed them. I just purchased the covers for added protection and give the Jeep a sport look. Question for the forum. Have you ever bought a unnecessary accessories and or mod for the Renegade or any other vehicle?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I bought one of those folding steps that latch onto that striker so you can easily reach the roof.

I've never put anything ON the roof, I have no reason to go up there, but daggummit, I'm ready if need be !!

I tried it out one time. One. In two years. Now it's with my spare tire. I assume. Haven't looked for it since the day I bought it.

With my luck, if I bought your accessory, it'd pop ever-so-loose and jam my door and I'd have to take a trip to the dealer while listening to the dash chiming all the way that my door was ajar.... Or have to throw my shoulder against the door to open it, like a wiseguy that just found out he was about to go sleep with the fishes and was trying to escape.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
718 Posts
Absolutely. I tend to get a lot of unnecessary stuff for my vehicles (I won’t mention everything as that would take a lot of space:confused:). Sometimes my wife makes it a point to tell me how much I spend on the vehicles.

‘07 Yukon: A cold air intake which already has a pretty good OEM intake (I could have simply used a high flow filter). I like how it sounds though. ;) A custom steering wheel (probably could have simply cleaned the old one). All new calipers because I thought the bleeder valves were stuck. After I ordered them I tried one more time to loosen the valves and not a problem (must have been because I sprayed them silly with penetrating spray and let them sit for a few days). Of course I paid extra for the red calipers in the rear and purchased primer, base, and clear for the fronts and painted those myself.

‘09 Camry: A “TRD” badge for an ‘09 Camry because it looked cool. Also for the Camry, Drilled and slotted rotors. Probably didn’t need those.

‘93 Wrangler: Throttle body spacer (like that was going to help anything!)

‘17 Renegade: my mom has been using it for the last year, so I really haven’t had a chance to waste money on it yet. I did purchase lowering springs for it last year and I’ve seemed to have lost them. A set of blue Schrader valve covers (doesn’t even match the vehicle).

Now...I could go on with other mods that really are unnecessary, but are things I simply can’t resist adding (Borla XR1 race muffler for the Yukon, Spyder halo headlights, etc, etc, etc). ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I feel like I am the King of useless Mods!! I have hood latches bc I liked the aggressiveness of them/ Slanted headlight mean eyes/ A custom grill (because it helps with cooling) sticklers and emblems galore/ rear 12 switch that is also solar powered/ shark fin antenna/ red lining for interior/ those silicon pocket or cupholder protectors/ a cage to separate my backseat from trunk/ and I could go on adn On just go to my profile and see

·
Registered
887 Posts
The one useless mod I still see all the time, but not Jeep related, are those Fast and the Furious wannabes that put a complicated spoiler on the rear deck. Back in the day, rear spoilers were originally designed to put downward pressure on the rear wheels at speed to provide better traction. But those vehicles were rear wheel drive. These wannabes all have front wheel drive, so why the spoiler ?? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
@ Black, be careful with those covers as over a period of time they will wear and rub your paintwork. You wont see it happening until the first day a wee rust bubble appears and you say "Wtf, how did that happen?" I've been there on my first car and never again. So called door protectors that stop you banging the door of a wall are the same.

I put the side step boards on my Jeep Sep 2018 and took them off shortly after. Cheap, nasty, lightweight and very easily twisted and broken by going over a small rock. Don't waste your time with those things. Though I bought them to supply and fit was a wasted £300 as I couldn't fit them and my local gargae then did the job :eek::cry::sick:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ Black, be careful with those covers as over a period of time they will wear and rub your paintwork. You wont see it happening until the first day a wee rust bubble appears and you say "Wtf, how did that happen?" I've been there on my first car and never again. So called door protectors that stop you banging the door of a wall are the same.

I put the side step boards on my Jeep Sep 2018 and took them off shortly after. Cheap, nasty, lightweight and very easily twisted and broken by going over a small rock. Don't waste your time with those things. Though I bought them to supply and fit was a wasted £300 :eek::cry::sick:
Thank you! I will keep my eye on them.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Last week I purchased door lock covers or you can call them door lock trim protectors. I didn’t really need them. I don’t think anyone will noticed them. I just purchased the covers for added protection and give the Jeep a sport look. Question for the forum. Have you ever bought a unnecessary accessories and or mod for the Renegade or any other vehicle?

View attachment 2396349841
But it cleans it up nicely. I think that it looks good. (y)

Nothing wrong with 'Unnecessary - Personalization'.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
But it cleans it up nicely. I think that it looks good. (y)

Nothing wrong with 'Unnecessary - Personalization'.
I think the covers would look cool a different color. Maybe spray paint the door covers. The spary paint might chip away from opening and closing door. Spray paint the lock covers to match the paint of the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts