Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had text, letter and now email about the S45 update. I thought I had this done as part of the last software update. Does anyone know how I can tell if it has been done.
Hello, can you give me any information about this update. I got only information it is not urgent, so i made an appoitment for february, when I have one year service.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bit late to the party but TH is in for 1st service today and along side that will be the S45 update.

Apparently they don't know what it is bar the fact it's an ECU update which to me implies emissions in our current 'eco' climate.

Anyone notice any changes after this was installed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
I had a flat battery and after numerous trickle charges and 2 full battery recharges I had it towed to the garage by Jeep Recovery. To cut a long story short the battery was replaced and update S45 was initiated.

S45 is the reason that the battery was being drained so quickly whilst on the driveway.

The conclusion is that S45 is a software update relating to the ECU and an undisclosed electronic function.

A new battery with stop/start ability was fitted under warranty.

Hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.