Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took a look this morning at media.chrysler.com and noticed the specification sheet and feature availability sheet for the Renegade no longer say "NYIAS Specification / Feature Availability Sheet" and now say "2015 Jeep Renegade Specification / Feature Availability Sheet".

They look different from the previous versions but I have not gone through and compared them to see what exactly has changed. Keep in mind this is the North American Chrysler media site so I'm not sure what areas they specs and features apply to other than the NA region.

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Hmm the trailhawk carries around an extra 259lbs or so than the 4x4 2.4l auto? Other than skid plates, I wonder what adds to that?

OK reading through it has beefier lower control arms up front as well, and forgot the full sized spare.

SO far differences are the EVIC dispaly is now called the DID (driver information display). 12-volt instrument panel socket is not on the list anymore, just floor console socket and cargo area socket. One touch up down power windows for both driver and passenger are now standard across the board. Original document had the sport wiht power one touch down only for driver. Tire and wheel descriptions have changed, but they appear to be the same offerings. Park view backup camera went form being standard on TH adn limited to being standard on lattitude as well. Security alarm went form being a package item on latitude, and trailhawk while standard on limited ot package on everything (still not available on sport).

That's all I spotted.

From the bundling and changes I suspect that what is mostly oging to be on the lots are latitude, limiteds and trailhawks with at least the popular equipment group and safety and security group.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So they are still saying 'no to the rear parking sensors, collision avoidance and lane keeping on the Trailhawk? I guess I could deal with a Limited if it came with LED exterior lights (break and turn) HID projector headlamps and the glass powered MySky (I don't want those removable panels...). I'm starting to get a little hope-dashed here and might just have to stick with the Dart till the 2016 refresh (and hope they add the collision and lane keeping to the Dart) or just get a 200. I didn't want to have to spend $41k on a Cherokee TH to get all those features, and was willing to pay about $30 for a fully loaded Renegade TH if it had all of those options... I hope Chrysler reconsiders packaging and updates the availability.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The holdback on this model is that Chrysler is unable to buy or make enough 9 speed autos for the Renegade...I thought they made their own 9 speeds under license of ZF.
Expect delivery according the the article sometime in March :( With the customization it will take even longer. They really need to produce this in the US to handle the demand.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/12/renegade-getting-closer

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
it has beefier lower control arms up front as well
TH has forged? 4x has double shell and 2x has single shell LCA. IIRC.

Park view backup camera went form being standard on TH adn limited to being standard on lattitude as well.
Aren't they mandatory anyway in US soon?

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
How much more weight could we expect and what effect would it have? I never thought it would be something for concern even at the least bit.
It's in the doc.

3044 (1381) 4x2 and 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo
3183 (1444) 4x4 and 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo
3187 (1446) 4x2 and 2.4-liter MultiAir2 Tigershark
3348 (1519) 4x4 and 2.4-liter MultiAir2 Tigershark
3573 (1621) Trailhawk 4x4 with 2.4-liter MultiAir2 Tigershark

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took a look this morning at media.chrysler.com and noticed the specification sheet and feature availability sheet for the Renegade no longer say "NYIAS Specification / Feature Availability Sheet" and now say "2015 Jeep Renegade Specification / Feature Availability Sheet".

They look different from the previous versions but I have not gone through and compared them to see what exactly has changed. Keep in mind this is the North American Chrysler media site so I'm not sure what areas they specs and features apply to other than the NA region.
Where is this document located on the Chrysler website?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Reactions: tony

·
Registered
6 Posts

Where is this document located on the Chrysler website?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
http://media.chrysler.com

Brands & Products
Jeep
Renegade
http://media.chrysler.com/newsroom.do?id=289&mid=444

Lower Right Corner:
Product Specifications

2015 Jeep Renegade Specifications
http://media.chrysler.com/null/specs/2015_JP_Renegade_SP.pdf

2015 Jeep Renegade Feature Availability
http://media.chrysler.com/null/specs/2015_JP_Renegade_FA.pdf
great collection of official documents
one think i have noticed is that there never really is much of an announcement about this stuff... it's always those who dig for this information that are the one's to make it known.

maybe brands should be reporting these.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.