Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few ideas I would like to run by the collective Jeep minds here for some advice.
1st I would like to improve the cooling of my renegade so that I can let it sitting and running for longer periods of time without increasing damage or wear and tear similar to the intercepter package on cop cars. Any ideas?

2nd I want to replace the carpet with a rhino line material or even a vinyl sheet type thing to
Improve water resistance on the inside .. any ideas?

tia
Collin

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
What kind of system are "cop cars" using? It may give a reference point for some of the members to compare their thoughts against (y)

However I do know that there are a few great mechanics in here that know your answer. If I start naming them their wifes will love it as the guys won't get in the door tonight with the big heads, shucks.

Ok......my arm is twisted up my back to reveal names :p

Idmor, MrSig, DGR, Mud to name a few:love:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So cop cars use a system that is called intercepter and some of the features that are available is enhanced cooling for longer idling times for times such as curbside posting or slow patrol.
I am not a police officer so I do not have access to the vehicle to really see what the difference is but I can postulate that they have some bigger oil cooler transmission cooler and an oversized radiator with a reduced temperature thermostat. Probably a better programmed fan so that it comes on at lower temps.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That sounds very knowledgeable and detailed. I am sure the regular mechanics in here will fully understand what you seek.

I don't understand it but I do love reading about such issues and doing a little research.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all members gave such a detailed account like you have. I praise and thank you for that :love: (y) (y)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a few ideas I would like to run by the collective Jeep minds here for some advice.
1st I would like to improve the cooling of my renegade so that I can let it sitting and running for longer periods of time without increasing damage or wear and tear similar to the intercepter package on cop cars. Any ideas?

2nd I want to replace the carpet with a rhino line material or even a vinyl sheet type thing to
Improve water resistance on the inside .. any ideas?

tia
Collin
Is the floor liner so you can spray out the floors for cleaning? Not sure why else you would do it. It's not safe to take these deep enough to have water enter the cabin. You'll also want to add some drain holes if you plan to spray the inside down for easy cleaning. It's not a complicated concept, but you'll have to remove a lot of stuff to get it lined. Seats, trim, center console, carpet, any electrical. Probably have to wrap/cover the dash, possibly any exposed interior to protect from overspray. Seems like a lot of work when you could just get a good set of laser cut mats that would capture any mud/dirt/snow/water.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Were Madness not doing a similar type of mat for the Jeep that had a rim all around the edge by about 15mm. It was manufactured to collect water from your boots etc so that it didn't ruin your carpetting. Then all you need to do is lift out the mat and discard the water/mud/sand etc

Could that be what you possibly require?

If it's any consolation, when I get mud and sand in the Jeep footwell I prefer to let it dry out a little. Then lift it out and blast it with the hose or pressure washer. Imho please dont wash out the inside of the Jeep with anything even resembling a light spray. Too much electrics in there to do that.:eek:

·
Registered
2015, Jeep, Renegade
30 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the Forum.
In regards to the floor mats that you are looking for in your Renegade, We offer a variety number of floor mats! In my Renegade I have a turf like material that is quite water resistant.
We also offer a variety of other options of floor mats to suit your desire!
Check out our website if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I thought about going with the floor mats idea but what I’m looking for is a bit broader coverage, I have small children and do not like to have stained up carpet so I was hoping for a vinyl or rubber type Floor liner to cover to replace the carpet.
Also it is much easier to get sand out of rubber than it is carpet

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Ahh but kids and vomit and all the other interesting things they like to throw upon the floor like squashed lizards and fish entrails after they stomped on the little gold fish they just caught. :eek::oops:;)

Naturally joking of course :p kids dont do that.

It's the adult's I worry about. Try telling them to hang their wet, welly booted feet out the passenger door as I drive across a wet sandy beach having recovered my boat and I am sure you can imagine the expletives from their mouth.

But do I want to wash out my Jeep with a hosereel? Not even near it.

However, each to their own and thats why RS is seeking an alternative solution. Therefore I must look and view objectively a different view and outlook to my own. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
238 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts