Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
On the 2016 that my wife has I was only able to update from the 3.5 to the 6.5. Limited by the harness
You should be able to use the part numbers listed and it should work on 2016 or even older. I was looking into swapping out the ac controls to the 2018 but that requires a total dash swap and a harness adapter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting this, but I am curious. I have a 2016 Trailhawk. Can someone give more explanation at how this works out when the swap is complete? I have heated seats and a backup camera. Does the apple car play work? Does the touch screen work? How much will I need to convince the dealer to reprogram? Does it seem like a hack job when all done? any links to a tutorial would also be appreciated!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Sorry for resurrecting this, but I am curious. I have a 2016 Trailhawk. Can someone give more explanation at how this works out when the swap is complete? I have heated seats and a backup camera. Does the apple car play work? Does the touch screen work? How much will I need to convince the dealer to reprogram? Does it seem like a hack job when all done? any links to a tutorial would also be appreciated!
Hey, sorry for the delayed response. You will lose the volume knob on the radio obviously so you will only be able to do this if you have the steering wheel radio controls on the back of the steering wheel or add the controls. Touch screen works perfectly as does the backup camera. The climate control features will show on the radio but have no effect due to a change in the control module (it is likely possible to make it work based on what I read on a Ram forum but I am not that technically inclined). I have simply swapped out the icon on the main screen with a different app. Also should be noted that a small climate icon shows in the upper left corner that cannot be removed. Apple carplay does work beautifully, however, for anyone else curious Android Auto does not due to the USB wiring used with the standard previous Uconnect radios not meeting sync requirements. Looks perfect when installed. I will update the original post with a how to tonight as I never thought about it previously.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts