Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jeep Renegade Uconnect 5.0 upgrade

There's a lot of negativity from Jeep dealers about trying this, and it's principally just a case of ignorance - they don't know how to do it - and it will lead to "investigation tickets" etc.
The good news, my friend? I have the 2015 Renegade Limited, in Colorado Red. It came with Uconnect 5.0, no nav. Even in the de luxe model. One of first ordered in N America, but unlike early models in Europe, no 6.5 SatNav included. Hated 5.0. So, I JUST installed a gorgeous new OEM direct fit replacement plug'n'play headunit, and it's a-amaaazing! And before someone raises the issues, yes I have rev camera display on screen with guides, and yes, my steering wheel audio controls work fine.

It has changed the car and how I feel about it. I have CD/DVD. Bluetooth. USB. Aux. Calendar. Phone. SatNav. SD card. Camera. All the bells and whistles in one gorgeous OEM factory stock replacement! I say GO FOR IT!!! I will post a pic if interested.

Hi All,

This is my first new vehicle ever, my first Jeep, and my first 4x4. I love my Renegade Latitude 4x4 but the Uconnect 5.0 system really kind of sucks. Has anyone upgraded to the 6.5 one after buying the Jeep with the 5.0? How much did it cost? Also, I am looking into Android Auto decks. Has anyone put one of those in? If so, can you still access the Jeeps vehicle settings through the Android Auto deck?

I need all the info I can get about this, please.

Thanks!

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I JUST installed a gorgeous new OEM direct fit replacement plug'n'play headunit, and it's a-amaaazing!
I don't suppose it was one that claims to retain Vehicle Setting compatibility? Are there vehicle settings that you can no longer access without the 5.0 headunit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice one - at first I made sure most/all settings were as I wanted them - before getting the Uconnect 5.0 pulled out. Installed the new beast. Wasn't sure if it would be possible to change anything, but lo and behold, it is a TRUE factory replacement, with all the possible settings still actionable (if you have the features!) as you see fit. It's a brilliant solution!

·
Registered
4 Posts
PS Picture is my avatar, open it up to see WHAT a transformation and upgrade it is from 5.0. This is 7.0 in glorious touch screen technicolor!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice one - at first I made sure most/all settings were as I wanted them - before getting the Uconnect 5.0 pulled out. Installed the new beast. Wasn't sure if it would be possible to change anything, but lo and behold, it is a TRUE factory replacement, with all the possible settings still actionable (if you have the features!) as you see fit. It's a brilliant solution!
That's really good news. Do you have the manufacturer and model number of the replacement handy?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Total cost? Parts/labor? Can a Jeep dealership do this? Any affect on warranty?

i cant understand most of the videos lol
but if u keep looking u can see its simple plug and play sort of install
there is one that u just push the stock radio back in the dash , leave it there and just wire in the android/ipad with a jump box or sort
and others u remove the stock radio - no cutting it looks like - plug an play - can be returned to stock easy it looks like

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you going to post a write up on how to achieve this? You have a lot of interested people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok so I pulled the trigger and ordered the 9 inch Hi version from seicane with DVR option and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday but the lazy mailman didn't even come to my door just left a slip in my mail box. So i'll pick it up today and install it this weekend. If anybody has any question just let me know or want pictures of it i'll post them up. Order time wasn't too bad. ordered on the April 13th and arrived yesterday April 26th.

!ww.seicane.com/9-inch-2016-jeep-renegade-high-version-with-capacitive-touch-screen-android-radio-gps-navigation-system-3g-wifi-bluetooth-mirror-link-steering-wheel-control-tpms-dvr-aux-obd2-rear-camera-s088713

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
theres a firware patch somewhat like the lockpick, so far ive been messing wth it and it def as potential once iget it all figured out. theres a thread about it on xda with sme knowledgable folks. s0 00. tinyupload.c om/index.p hp?file_id=00289474366357209211

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here are the pictures of it installed into my Jeep. One thing I was surprised about is that it retained the front USB port also the Aux port. Also retained the factory backup camera with the grid lines and a menu to access the car settings. I would not recommend there front dash camera, it's slow and choppy and resolution isn't that great. I really haven't done much playing with it because the WIFI signal from my house is too far away and my WIFI hotspot was out of data until today. The only downside is you definitely need some sort of hotspot for this radio. AM/FM works good with RDS display. Sound quality so far has been just Ok, Compared to other headunits the sound quality is normal i guess, not as clear as a pioneer, not many EQ adjustments or I just haven't figured it out. I hoped it was going to clear up my subwoofer channel but so far it has not, so maybe I have other issues with my sub. Let me know if you have any questions or anything you want me to demonstrate. Thanks

Attachments

·
Read Only
30 Posts
Here are the pictures of it installed into my Jeep. One thing I was surprised about is that it retained the front USB port also the Aux port. Also retained the factory backup camera with the grid lines and a menu to access the car settings. I would not recommend there front dash camera, it's slow and choppy and resolution isn't that great. I really haven't done much playing with it because the WIFI signal from my house is too far away and my WIFI hotspot was out of data until today. The only downside is you definitely need some sort of hotspot for this radio. AM/FM works good with RDS display. Sound quality so far has been just Ok, Compared to other headunits the sound quality is normal i guess, not as clear as a pioneer, not many EQ adjustments or I just haven't figured it out. I hoped it was going to clear up my subwoofer channel but so far it has not, so maybe I have other issues with my sub. Let me know if you have any questions or anything you want me to demonstrate. Thanks
Hey Daniel, thanks for the info here. How is the unit holding up?

I'm looking for an upgrade from my 5.0. Big question here - does the Unit you're using come with GPS? The link you provided says it does, but just wanted to know if its working and whatnot. Is it app based etc?

Thanks a lot!

James

41 - 60 of 71 Posts