Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading to a full set of Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 225/65 R17, 102T tires (including the spare). With that said, I'm selling the tires that came on my vehicle.
THe dealer sold me a Rene with a mishmash of tires. There are Crosswinds on the front, Sumitomos on the rear, and a Falken Wildpeak on the spare. The Crosswinds and the Falken are in almost new condition. The Sumitomos are slightly worn. All are 215/65 R17s.
If anyone is interested in any of these please make me an offer. I'll give away the Sumitomos. I'd like to get a little something out of the other tires since they're in excellent condition. I'm in Stafford, so you'd need to come get them.
If no one is interested, I'll have to let the tires ship dispose of them. I'm getting the new tires on the 23rd, so please let me know if anyone's interested no later than the 21st.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm upgrading to a full set of Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 225/65 R17, 102T tires (including the spare).
Sorry, I'm not in the market for tires.

I'm assuming it was a used Renegade that had the "mishmash" of tires? At least they didn't mix tires on an axle...

Are you planning on doing a four-tire rotation, or including the spare now that all five tires will be the same? If the latter, don't forget that you'll need a TPMS sensor for the spare -- I doubt there's one there now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm upgrading to a full set of Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 225/65 R17, 102T tires (including the spare). With that said, I'm selling the tires that came on my vehicle. THe dealer sold me a Rene with a mishmash of tires. There are Crosswinds on the front, Sumitomos on the rear, and a Falken Wildpeak on the spare. The Crosswinds and the Falken are in almost new condition. The Sumitomos are slightly worn. All are 215/65 R17s. If anyone is interested in any of these please make me an offer. I'll give away the Sumitomos. I'd like to get a little something out of the other tires since they're in excellent condition. I'm in Stafford, so you'd need to come get them. If no one is interested, I'll have to let the tires ship dispose of them. I'm getting the new tires on the 23rd, so please let me know if anyone's interested no later than the 21st.
Stafford, CT?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're a correct, I bought a 2017 Renegade Deserthawk. I'm glad they didn't mix tires on an axle, but I was really surprised that they had three different types of tires. I'm assuming the previous owner had wildpeaks on the whole vehicle at one point in time.
Thanks for the tip on the TPMS sensor! I haven't made a decision about rotation, but I will definitely keep this in mind.
Stafford, CT?
Stafford, VA

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm assuming the previous owner had wildpeaks on the whole vehicle at one point in time.
No, I believe for a while, up until about MY 2020, Trailhawks in the U.S. seemed to be coming with Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires. Your spare wheel is alloy, right? If so, Jeep may have intended that you do a 5-wheel rotation -- and you might have a TPMS sensor there after all. You can tell, of course, by the rigid stem (not rubber).

My 2021 Trailhawk, unfortunately, came with * meh * Falken Wildpeak H/T tires, which are more like highway cruising tires. And the spare was on a steel wheel. I had the dealer take them off and mount Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires on; much more offroad-capable. I think your AT3W's look like even better offroad tread...

Oh, at the one-year point, I had the dealer install a matching alloy wheel on the spare, that I'd gotten on Ebay; and also a TPMS sensor. So I'm doing 5-wheel rotations now, showing the shops my modified rotation diagram:.

Font Parallel Diagram Auto part Triangle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up my Rene this afternoon, and it rides like a dream. I'm very happy with this choice of tires! Thanks to all who commented here, and I'm other forums talking about off-road tire choices.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I picked up my Rene this afternoon, and it rides like a dream. I'm very happy with this choice of tires!
I've wondered how the Falken WildPeak A/T3W tires would work. I'm very happy with how my WildPeak A/T Trail tires do with moderate offroad driving. The A/T3W tires look like thay have a more-aggressive offroad tread. Which made me wonder how they'd do on the highway... Which, ya gotta admit, is most of what we-all do...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts