Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take it for what it is worth, but this is the first time I've actually seen a solid date attached to the U.S. Release date: "January 1"

Like everything, the validity of any rumor is speculation at best, but that is all we have to go on right now.

"Buyers interested in the Jeep Renegade will have to try to be patient as it doesn’t launch in the U.S. until January 1."
http://www.carnewscafe.com/2014/08/29/goodbye-compass-night-new-jeep-renegade/

·
Registered
234 Posts
January 1 when all the dealers are closed for the holiday? Not likely, more likely its click baiting becasue like you said Tom no one has attached a date to the launch...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have video of the event?
I went digging for the video but could not find one, yet. But, I did come up with something interesting.

If you watch this new ad, it is different than all the rest of the "do something" ads of the last few months. It is is all English and at the end it says to visit jeep.com, not jeep.pl or some other non US Jeep website, I'm encouraged.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you listen about 8 minutes in, he says "first of 15" He did not say January 1, so that is more in line with what we have been hearing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Direct from Jeep

Take it for what it is worth, but this is the first time I've actually seen a solid date attached to the U.S. Release date: "January 1"

Like everything, the validity of any rumor is speculation at best, but that is all we have to go on right now.

"Buyers interested in the Jeep Renegade will have to try to be patient as it doesn’t launch in the U.S. until January 1."
http://www.carnewscafe.com/2014/08/29/goodbye-compass-night-new-jeep-renegade/
That is my article. The "January 1" date came directly from Morrison, Jeep's head marketing man. Holidays don't mean much to car sales, you know. In fact, they're usually a boon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is my article. The "January 1" date came directly from Morrison, Jeep's head marketing man. Holidays don't mean much to car sales, you know. In fact, they're usually a boon.
So you've actually seen the renegade in person. Im sure the people on this forum will have endless questions for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I find it encouraging that when I was at the NY Auto show, the word was the spring of 2015. Now it appears it will be right after January 1. Production officially began in Melfi this month. The next milestone will be the pricing announcement and the go-live of the 'build and price' configurator.

For comparison, the KL Cherokee build and price tool went live in August 2013, and I think it was available to drive home in November.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really hope we see them before spring!

I don't understand why Jeep will not give more info about release date and pricing people are going to start losing interest if they don't start putting some info out there...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Aaron, Welcome to the forum, glad you joined. Thank you for the great article and information.

Did Jeep tell you when you will be able to test drive one for a follow-on review?

How did the size and appearance strike you, was it sitting near a Cherokee for size comparison, did is seem bigger than it looks as some have mentioned?

·
Registered
831 Posts
January 1 certainly means a whole lot to car dealers. January is typically the slowest month of the year, consumers are tapped out after the sprint from Thanksgiving to Christmas...

·
Registered
46 Posts
One of my biggest concerns is the MySky. Is it going to be worth the upgrade (never owned a vehicle with a sunroof) and the potential problems it could bring might not be worth it for me. It seems cool and could be a great upgrade if it was done right. It seems like they put thought into it since they fit perfectly in the rear cargo area. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is another tidbit from author Don Bain at this weeks media day at Cherokee Ranch in Colorado:

"The company has done extensive testing of the Renegade’s four-wheel-drive in sand and flatly stated their system can send 100 percent of the engine’s output to a single wheel, if needed. The computerized traction controller sends new instructions and torque percentages to each wheel on a split-second basis to maintain forward drive in the correct wheels to keep the vehicle progressing through darn near any conditions."
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-all-new-2015-jeep-renegade-is-coming-to-colorado

·
Registered
141 Posts
Man, I wish this wasn't a typo from that examiner article that CalTom posted...

"First, a 1.4-liter MultiAir turbocharged 4-cylinder developing 160 horsepower and mated to a six-speed transmission is offered. Additionally, owners could choose a 2.4-liter Tigershark engine with MultiAir2 connected to a nine-speed transmission producing 240 hp."

·
Super Moderator
3,392 Posts
We've heard from different sources that the renegade would be available 1st of 2015 (probably meaning 1st quarter of 2015) but his article claims it'll be here in Dec. 2014.

http://autoomobile.com/news/will-the-jeep-renegade-actually-see-in-the-new-year/1008214/

Repost of a clickbait article with nothing of merit. Actual fca people have said the first of the new year, and mid January 2015. So either 1-1, 1-15, or sometime between 1-1-15 and 3-31-15 depending on how you interpret what was said.

Myself, I'm going with sometime in January because they usually close out option orders sometime in April. March would be a pretty late release for a 2015 model with a 2017 refresh already scheduled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Asked a salesman at my local dealership today about the Renegade release date. His response: "I wish I knew. I might not know till they back them off the truck."

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Asked a salesman at my local dealership today about the Renegade release date.
Rule number one, never ask a salesman anything, doubtful any of them know how to speak the truth, since they only know how to lie.

I wish I knew. I might not know till they back them off the truck."
Rule number two, the above just proves rule number one.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Found this cool shot of the Renegade all wraped for shipping, that is encouraging, hopefully this is how they will make there way across the pond to us in the U.S.

1 - 20 of 357 Posts