Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:
I'm a european Renegade user, with the Infotainment Pack. At this moment my Nav 6.5 comes without:

Apps icon (from the MORE button)
Hot Spot wifi
Internet connection

My software version is 15.21.37.
I want to know from a user with this features, the following questions and doubts:

-How it connect to internet? Through the bluetooth connection from the phone? You need to activate something at the phone?
-For the Wifi you need to connect an additional usb device? Or it haves an integrated device...

I'm trying to understand why there are this differences between our versions.... If there are because hardware/software/legal limitations...

Thanks
Best regards
Fran

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Hi all:
I'm a european Renegade user, with the Infotainment Pack. At this moment my Nav 6.5 comes without:

Apps icon (from the MORE button)
Hot Spot wifi
Internet connection

My software version is 15.21.37.
I want to know from a user with this features, the following questions and doubts:

-How it connect to internet? Through the bluetooth connection from the phone? You need to activate something at the phone?
-For the Wifi you need to connect an additional usb device? Or it haves an integrated device...

I'm trying to understand why there are this differences between our versions.... If there are because hardware/software/legal limitations...

Thanks
Best regards
Fran
All I can tell you is what the US manual claims, and what has been reported here.

The Apps are basically a lie and not available on the renegade at this time. Software updates may or may not change that.

Connecting to the internet is via a 3G cellular modem. In the US, after buying you activate your trail subscription. Beyond that you have to pay for it yourself. For the wifi hotspot to work, you need the 3g account activated.

Myself, I skipped the 6.5 system because of the price and the fact that anything it did that was remotely interesting, my phone does better and without costing me a new monthly fee. Having an old fashioned key with RFID also means you can't just use a man in the middle attack to get into my car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.