Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been using a full sized 32GB Sandisk USB with the UConnect system to listen to music without issue since I purchased my Renegade a few months ago. I would simply leave it plugged into the USB slot on the dash, as I'm sure many people do.

I recently purchased a 32GB small profile Sandisk USB , and have had numerous UConnect issues since.

I first noticed that the UConnect screen would not power on right away after starting the vehicle. This included the audio from the radio and the backup cam. It would eventually power on as I was driving down the road (prob one minute after starting the car).

Aside from this inconvenience, the other day the seatbelt chime did not disengage, even after locking the seatbelt. I unlocked and relocked but it didn't matter. I even pulled over, turned off the engine, then restarted the vehicle to no avail. That only happened once, and hasn't happened since I removed the mini sized Sandisk and have gone back to the full sized device.

Has this happened to anyone else? I like the look of the low profile USB, but obviously don't want to have future Renegade computer issues!

The UConnect version is the latest one available through the website (I updated it the day I purchased the vehicle).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The low profile Sandisk is the only one causing the issue. The standard size one has worked fine.

Silly me, I forgot to mention that the low profile usb also causes the screen to say something similar to "Enter Anti Theft Code" while driving. Obviously, I'm discontinuing use of that USB, but was wondering if this has happened to anyone?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uconnect radio in 2018 Jeep Compass Limited

I have had no problems with either of my two full size USB sticks (16GB and HP 32GB), but neither of my SanDisk (32GB and 64GB) low profile USBs work correctly in my 2018 Jeep Compass Limited. The songs that show up in Uconnect play correctly, but a large % of the songs do not show up even though they are on the USB stick. I have tried different USB formats and different song file formats with the same results, and the only common factor is low profile versus full size USB sticks.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Your original link doesn't work.

Low profile sandisk USB devices come in three flavors. sandisk cruzer fit, sandisk ultra fit 3.0, and sandisk ultra fit 3.1.

Which one are you using?

The majority on this board based on past postings are likely 16gb or 32gb cruzer fits. IIRC anything over 32GB is asking for problems, and even on 32GB drives too many files or overly complex folder structures and give the uconnect fits and make startup VERY slow. Lots of posts about that with people trying to use 128gb drives. Not so much the other problems you mention though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.